AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by optivity /forum/post/0

Take it from a guy who owns a 50" PDP... buy the 65.

Hi, after a bunch of research(and trips to a bunch of stores lol) i've decided to get a plasma and the PDP line was one I was looking at out of three choices. Are you saying it's not been as good?

I thought it looked great.

·
Banned
10,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimphofoo /forum/post/0

Hi, after a bunch of research(and trips to a bunch of stores lol) i've decided to get a plasma and the PDP line was one I was looking at out of three choices. Are you saying it's not been as good?

I thought it looked great.

I'm not sure what you're asking... I enjoy watching my PDP (a TH-50PX50U). It does some things well and falls short with others... but overall I like it very much. I've seen the PRO-FHD1 a number of times and feel it is an excellent display, but if I had the choice between getting a 50" PRO-FHD1 or a 65" TH-65PX600U... I'd choose the Panasonic primarily because of the BIGGER impact the larger display will make in terms of the HDTV home theater experience.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts

Quote:

I'm not sure what you're asking... I enjoy watching my PDP (a TH-50PX50U). It does some things well and falls short with others... but overall I like it very much. I've seen the PRO-FHD1 a number of times and feel it is an excellent display, but if I had the choice between getting a 50" PRO-FHD1 or a 65" TH-65PX600U... I'd choose the Panasonic primarily because of the BIGGER impact the larger display will make in terms of the HDTV home theater experience.

He thought your 'PDP' mention was a model #.

·
Registered
73 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elemental1 /forum/post/0

He thought your 'PDP' mention was a model #.

yeah i did, thanks for clearing it up.

the naming conventions on this stuff are kinda confusing to me.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts

Quote:

Funny, I thought PDP stood for Plasma Display Panel... but what do I know.

Hey for a future Pioneer owner....you should know.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts

Quote:

Well, I haven't absolutely ruled out Panasonic.

Good man!!!

·
Registered
73 Posts

Quote:

Funny, I thought PDP stood for Plasma Display Panel... but what do I know.

Haha I was confusing it with the thing where it's classified as "professional" line of displays.

But by all means if being condescending on the internet about something with little real meaning makes you feel better, knock yourself out.

·
Registered
486 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzyboy /forum/post/0

Title says it all. In the market for a new Plasma. 50 inch to 65 inch. Anyone have any suggestions?....Gaming, movies, broadcast. Thanks!

I own the 60" Pioneer Elite (This year's 1540) and last year's Panny 65"8UK. This one isn't even close. If you can afford the Panny 65, don't even think about it. Just buy it.

As we move closer to the fall, you may want to wait until you see Pioneer's new models as they promise to have substantially better performance based on this year's hype at the 2007 Consumer Electronics Show.

·
Registered
968 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsf2001 /forum/post/0

I own the 60" Pioneer Elite (This year's 1540) and last year's Panny 65"8UK. This one isn't even close. If you can afford the Panny 65, don't even think about it. Just buy it.

As we move closer to the fall, you may want to wait until you see Pioneer's new models as they promise to have substantially better performance based on this year's hype at the 2007 Consumer Electronics Show.

Can you clarify your statement... "This one isn't even close." From the English, I am not sure what "this" refers to or what "isn't even close" means. I would like to hear your comparative evaluation of these two displays.

Thanks and cheers,

Gary

·
Registered
625 Posts
He means that about a day after you hang your plasma on the wall, you start to wonder if little gnomes came in your house and shrank it just a little bit...

Seriously, if you can get the bigger display - DO IT! My 50" looks pretty tiny now.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yes, get the 65" if you can. I have a 50" (50px50u) and I'm thinking about upgrading to a 65" for the larger size and 1080p support. I was considering the 65px600u, but I'll most likely wait for the 65pz750u which will have HDMI 1.3 and 1080/24p support. Also, the price of the 65pz750u will most likely be a couple thousand dollars lower when it becomes available in the summer or fall.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have to disagree with the advice to get the 65-inch Panny over the 60-inch Pioneer. In my opinion, and from my normal viewing distance of about 12 feet, I felt the Pioneer 1540 HD had a significantly better picture (better shadow detail and more accurate colors (particularly flesh tones and sky blues) that more than made up for the size difference. I expected the larger 1080p display to be superior, but I did not find that to be true.

This was from a side-by-side comparison using identical source material under controlled lighting conditions. I was able to adjust both displays to my liking (and used a calibration disk to help out with that), but I cannot say the displays were anywhere near being properly calibrated.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well, how hard is it to change out your set once you hang it?...if i keep what if have now, and upgrade when the newer models come out, can i just unhook the plasma from the wall and hang the new one?...or do they all require their own bracket?..if i do pio to pio.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.