AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently using PowerDVD audio filters with Zoomplayer 3.0 beta and a Delta 410 sound card with Windows XP and the 410 driver from Digital Connection.

Playing 5.1 material in PowerDVD gives me the full surround - all channels going at it. But with Zoomplayer, I get nothing but stereo. No amount of fiddling with graphs has fixed this for me.

So the question is, who is getting 5.1 out of Zoomplayer, and how are you doing it? (this is analogue out, not digital spdif) Can it be done with PowerDVD? WinDVD? Anything else out there? I really like Zoomplayer and want to use it for my theater, but with no surround, that's not gonna happen.

Alton

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I'm doing it (so are a few others who post here) with WinDVD audio. Works quite well in Zoom. There have been several dvdgraphs posted.

-Mike

·
Registered
161 Posts
It's working for me as well with the WinDVD audio. I've never gotten the PowerDVD audio to work properly on my machine for 5.1 analog out.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I had a couple questions about WinDVD and decided to hop over to their site to look for answers before I posted. First is covered. Yes - WinDVD does DTS. But I saw no clue to the second, which is - Can you get just the filter pack anywhere?

The new Platinum edition looks like it has some nice features in terms of audio (DTS, Pro Logic 2, etc.), but it's a lot to pay for a player when I'll just be running the filters through Zoomplayer for all my watching.

Alton

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I found this link after a search for the problem I'm having with Zoomplayer and Windvd. Funny it was posted yesterday and I didn't see it.

I'm currently using zoomplayer with Windvd 3.0 audio and I get 5.1 analog out, BUT it only lasts for 5 minutes then the sound cuts out. I DON'T have the Trial Version. I own WinDVD 3.0 and the movie plays continuously with just the WinDVD player. I don't understand the problem. That is were I went looking for some registry edit or something.

Any suggestions?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.