AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know on this forum for under $400 the general consensus is the eD A2-300 is THE subwoofer to get, and that I bet almost no one has heard both these subs, but I'm looking for advice.

Both have gotten good reviews, but probably fewer people own the CSX-15. Both are about the same cabinet size, about the same weight I believe, but the eD has another 25 watts RMS, where as the Cadence is a larger woofer.

I have a friend with the A2-300 and not only did I find it ugly, but the port was kind of loose and rattled when you turned the music up, both which turned me off a bit.

If I got it, I'd have to get the matte finish to make it look a little better, and that would bring the price within $15 of each other. I have searched, and there are older threads on this topic, but it doesn't seem any conclusion was reached, anyone have any new insight?

Or maybe I should just get the PA-120 for $229...

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
eD's odye finish is indeed not everyone's cup of coffee. The finish leaves a lot to be desired for most, but I for one like it since I find that it is not sensitive to scratches and looks extremely rugged.

My A2-300 doesn't have the problem with the port rattling at high volumes, maybe your friend should contact eD about that particular issue.

Here are similar threads you can look at or might help you in your subwoofer decision.

My Cadence CSX-15 mini review
CSX-15 owners thread... let's hear from owners!
Torn between eD a2-300 & Cadence CSX-15

With that said, is you budget pegged hard at the $400 mark? Because if you can stretch it to $500, you can include the SVS PB10-NSD among your choices.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately $400 is my limit, the only reason I mentioned the PA-120 is because I'm a college student and maybe I shouldn't even spend the $400

My current subwoofer is the old Dayton 10" 100 watt, and it's the weakest part in my system. I'd like to replace it with something decent so I can at least have decent bass until I can afford all new speakers.

·
Registered
592 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blued888 /forum/post/15453883

eD's odye finish is indeed not everyone's cup of coffee. The finish leaves a lot to be desired for most, but I for one like it since I find that it is not sensitive to scratches and looks extremely rugged.

My A2-300 doesn't have the problem with the port rattling at high volumes, maybe your friend should contact eD about that particular issue.

Here are similar threads you can look at or might help you in your subwoofer decision.

My Cadence CSX-15 mini review
CSX-15 owners thread... let's hear from owners!
Torn between eD a2-300 & Cadence CSX-15

With that said, is you budget pegged hard at the $400 mark? Because if you can stretch it to $500, you can include the SVS PB10-NSD among your choices.

I have the same exact problem with my A2-300 with the port rattling. I've contacted eD and they sent out a replacement port, gasket and amp and it's still an issue. I've had a couple people PM me when I mentioned the issue in another thread saying they have the same problem. It doesn't seem to be uncommon at all.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstepnio /forum/post/15454737

I have the same exact problem with my A2-300 with the port rattling. I've contacted eD and they sent out a replacement port, gasket and amp and it's still an issue. I've had a couple people PM me when I mentioned the issue in another thread saying they have the same problem. It doesn't seem to be uncommon at all.

I'm glad not to have the problem then, since I'm thousands of miles away from the US.
Hopefully it won't become an issue for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts