AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What "I'm" mostly intested in is DVD PQ. Is it better and by how much. Any other information will be useful as well. Also, try to mention what you upgraded from...

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
It is going to be hard to find reviews on DVD PQ. It seems the reviewers are only looking at game playing. Tom's Hardware and AnandTech both have done reviews on the 9500s - but I believe they were on the 9500 Pro.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Quote:
It is going to be hard to find reviews on DVD PQ. It seems the reviewers are only looking at game playing. Tom's Hardware and AnandTech both have done reviews on the 9500s - but I believe they were on the 9500 Pro.
They're only interested in speed :D higher 3DMark score, frame rate etc.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
I'm sure the first people on the Forums to get them will post their thoughts for our application. I'm looking forward to reading them --- or I may just go and buy one to replace my aging RadeonVE and post myself.

- Rick

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I too am looking for the 9500 to replace my VE (especially since I heard that the VE was sub-par PQ compared to the 7X00 cards anyway).

From what I heard, the 9500 is simply a de-clocked 9700. Since most of the 9700 reviews I've read say the 9700 has better DVD PQ than the 9000, I'm maintaining positive thoughts :)

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
"From what I heard, the 9500 is simply a de-clocked 9700"

No, not really.

The 9500 pro has less memory band width.

The 9500 has less video pipes.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm probably going to jump on the 9500 non-pro as soon as it comes out. It is a scaled down version of the 9700 Pro with DX9, so the DVD PQ should be better than the 7xxx or even the 9000. But there's gotta be someone out there who posts on the forum with info.

Those that even have a 9700 Pro, please chime in on the subject. I, as I know many, would like to hear positive feedback before purchasing the card.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Hi,

I got my 9500 today.

First I soldered the BNC's on it, and got to testing.

I had to update the drivers to 6200 and download the newest powerstrip because otherwise powerstrip could not get a refresh or clock.

After that, something strange happened with my [email protected],940hz (Immersive card) it could not be used anymore, so I had to reconverge.

So after reconvergence and a new grayscale the real testing started.

First impression was that the card looked a lot sharper than the 9000, I'm now curious what that pixelshading feature does exactly, but it seems to work.

Also the 200TVL pattern of AVIA (widescreen enhanced) is now shown TOTALLY free of moire, on the 9000 there still was a slight moire effect in the circle, on the 9500 this is gone.

I use a G70, Immersive H3D and a Marantz DV-8300 SDI.

For me the switch from 9000 to 9500 is worth the money.

Greetings from Holland,

Frank

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi,

Is it correct that ATI does'nt make VGA cards anymore? (The 'build by' cards). If you review a 9500, please state the make of the card. Or can we expect that all cards shall perform the same? Maybe there are differences in the video output LP-filter.

Thanks,

Eddy

·
Registered
510 Posts
Hi,

It was a Club3D.

Greetings,

Frank

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.