AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my Da-Lite HCCV screen. The problem is my theater is far from being finished. Is it ok to leave the screen in it's protective wrapper all rolled up for at least a couple of months? I don't really have room to assemble it before the theater is done. I'm just concerned about it being rolled up for so long. What do you think?

Greg

·
Registered
64 Posts
My boss gave me a Draper motorized unit, as it was dead stock (were a comercial specialty construction co.) It was unopened and 2 1/2 years old. The long storage presented no problems for this particular unit.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Call Da-Lite. They recommend that the Tensioned Cosmopolitan Electrol in Cinema Vision fabric be opened at least once every 30 days. Wait too long and you may be asking for trouble.

Ed

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your suggestions, I decided to go ahead and assemble the frame and screen and temporary mount it in my home office spare bedroom. It looks kind of funny with no projector , but at least it is out of the box and the screen is unrolled. I must say the Da-Lite frame was easy to assemble. The only hard part was snapping the screen on to the frame. You really have to pull tight and stretch the screen to snap it in place. It looks great with no wrinkles. I gotta hurry up and finish my basement home theater now!!!!!

Greg

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
That's the best part of opening it and hanging it somewhere...it gives you the incentive to hurry up and finish!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.