AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a short-throw, wall-mount from Premier Mounts ( UNI-EXT ) that I'm using to give me 57" of distance between my Optoma GT700 - which is currently out on RMA for the 3D firmware.

Anyways, finally got the room painted yesterday which meant the mount went up today. I new it would be relatively close to the ceiling fan but now that it's up I can see that it'll be sitting directly under the blades and about 4" away from one of the lights.

The livingroom tends to heat up rather quickly when there's more than one person in the room during the summertime so I expect, whether I like it or not, the projector will eventually be run with the fan on above it. I was just wondering how bad it would be, in terms of dust, potential negative air pressure on the fans, etc. Perhaps I'm over thinking the whole thing....

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it. I had a ceiling fan when I first moved in my house, but had to remove it for the projector(s). I have a wood stove pretty close to the projector and I dread the "overheating" banner that comes up when I'm watching a movie during the winter. That's why I run in high altitude mode. Consider yourself lucky........

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, and heh, I'm not going to mention the proximity of the screen to the fireplace as I'm lucky enough to be the only person in the house who knows how to light a fire. Suffice to say, there would likely be soot and heat damage if they were ever to run at the same time...

That being said, my current worry is on how to get the PJ on a UPS. I had a nice dedicated 20AMP circuit with a TVSS receptical installed but totally overlooked the whole bulb-shattering during power failure bit. I'm currently considering pulling the TVSS receptical off the dedicated circuit and putting it on a closed-circuit routed to where a UPS could be stationed but what a royal PITA that would be now. :sigh:

It's always _something_, lol...

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A TVSS receptacle is a "Transient Voltage Surge Suppressor receptacle. What it is not, however, is a battery backed up device which would allow the bulb to cool should there be a power loss.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Turk /forum/post/19562807

Yes, but if not immediately restarted a power outage is really no big deal. The problem comes to play if the lamp is attempted to restart before cooled...

So if a power outage trips the TVSS and that prevents it from coming back online without a manual reset, this will not cause the lamp to cook sans active cooling?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts