AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to buy the new 60" Sony LCD and I'm looking at stands. Some make room for the center channel to go beneath the TV but my center channel is a Boston Acoustics VR12 that is about 30 pounds, 25 inches long and 8 1/2 inches high. This makes me want to opt to put it on top of the TV like I have it on my Pioneer Elite 610 now. Is there more to worry about in doing that with these LCD TVs? That Elite is built like a brick but I don't know about the Sony. I Figure it will hold it since you have 30 pounds distributed over a 25" by about 8" deep area. What do you guys think? Thanks in advance. ;)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks man. I was afraid it was going to be something else that's $250 or more. It's cheap which is good so I can spend that money on the actual TV stand that goes under the TV and not have to worry about my center channel speaker. Looking at the picture, I hope it fits right on the TV. The legs look like they might not be stable if a TV is built a certain way. All of the reviews on it say that it works though. :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm in the same boat. I've got last years 60" and for the 10 months I've just been sitting my center channel on the floor in front of the tv. I'm not sure that stand will work for me since I believe my Paradigm CC weighs around 35lbs.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
I have the KF-60XBR800 and my heavy/deep Polk CS350 is on the top shelf of the Bush entertainment center I bought from CC. So it's directly below the TV right now, and I like it there except that there's little room for anything else on that shelf (spkr is 30" wide). I might like to try the speaker up-top some day, but will want to hear back Kainan if you buy this thing and it works for you. My questions:

1. How deep is the OmniMount (it looks deeper than my set and there isn't much extra room back there)

2. Can those Pins at the front of the OmniMount be removed? I wouldn't want to have to drill any holes in the top of the TV for it!

3. It's a VERY steep angle on the back of my LCD/RPTV. Will the double-sticky-back tape (or whatever other means secures these legs) stand-up over time to the weight...

P.S. Here's my setup:

·
Registered
248 Posts
 http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...center+channel

I found where I first saw that center channel stand DaverJ and JoJo57 have posted pictures of the stand on top of their GWIV.

Those front pegs fit over the front of the TV. There there to keep the stand from sliding backwards. The legs in the back are very adjustable and actually allow me to tilt the stand slightly to aim my CC towards my listening area.

Anyways after you look at the pictures you'll see how it works.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.