AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my sub woofer, it has an LED that is red when it's off, and green when it's on. I have the sub in auto so it automatically turns on when the receiver sends it a signal. Otherwise, it turns off and this LED is lit up red.

Anyhow, I have my receiver plugged into a Monster surge protector that has controlled green power outlets on it. I have a cabinet cooling fan that I want to turn on with my receiver and this surge protector works great for that.

So I was also wanting to plug my sub into one of the green outlets so it will turn on with the receiver, and go off after the receiver is put into standby.

My question: Is it better to just leave the sub in auto all the time, instead of having it completely switched on and off with the receiver through the green power outlets? I am trying to avoid some of these vampire lights all over the place. But, I'm not sure if switching the sub on and off every time will shorten its life span.

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
First, make sure the sub won't draw too much power for the strip to handle.

Second, if you can use the strip, then leave sub in the ON position and let the power strip handle it. I would avoid using both the Auto and strip power system.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.