AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys I am looking for a receiver to upgrade my denom. I have been told that yamahas are very good. Today I went to a local sound component store and those people are by appointment only and only cary what they feel are the best speakers, subs and receivers. HE told me to go with marants. He also told me to go with paradighm speakers and paradighm sub. Woudl you guys consider the MArants reciever to be better than denom and yamaha.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I think you mean Marantz, and it is a quality receiver. That being said, in my opinion, I think you can do better for the money.

I happen to like Denon a lot, along with Harmon/Kardon and Yamaha. Marantz receiver don't come cheap, so I would look at similarly priced receivers on the brands I mentioned above and see what you think. In the end, if you go with any of the above brands including Marantz, you will have a quality receiver.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well the marants i can have for 400 dollars and that does 80 watts per 5 channels if you put similar model marants denom and yamaha all together which one woudl be better

·
Registered
714 Posts
Eddy, are you using your Receiver mainly for music or HT? If you're using it for music, then I say go with Marantz or HK, but if you're using for HT, I say go with Yamaha or Denon. First of all, $400 for Marantz that's pretty good. But if you're using it for HT application, you probably need at least a 6.1 receiver, preferrly a 7.1.

The following are most popular in this community here:

Denon 3803, yamaha RX-V1400/ 2400, HK AVR 525, 430, 630, Elite 53TX, and Onkyo TX-SR800, 801. Spend a little more, get the feature and sound qulity you want.

Baja

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.