Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope this is the right forum...

The RCA DirecTv HD reciever (DTC100) has a VGA output. I couldn't find out what the res it outputted (is that a word?) on the website or the downloadable manual, heh.

I have a VGA input on my projector and it has a VGA output for HD. My projector isn't "HD compatible" so what would happen do you think?

I may just pick one up at BB or CC or something and see - I can always return it, but I was curious if someone had a concrete answer either way.

Thanks all,

Shawn

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
The DTC-100 outputs 540p or 1080i, depending if you are watching real HDTV or not. Most projectors should sync up fine, though it would be helpful if you gave us a model number.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a Boxlight XP-60M :^) Got it free when my company went belly up so I can't complain I suppose.

Here is a link to its specs.

http://www.boxlight.com/projectors/p...PROJECTORS&X=1

I really appreciate any assistance. I want HDTV in there so bad, but I thought I had to buy a new projector. I didn't realize some HDTV receivers utilized an RGB port.

I have an nVidia card in my PC and I can try to output 540p to the projector to see how it acts, but I am pretty sure it won't do 1080i. No way to really test it or see how it looks until I hook up the unit though I suppose.

Thanks for the response on Thanksgiving :^)

Shawn

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
You got an answer from someone else?

I bet you'd be suprised. If it can handle SVGA, there's a good chance that HDTV will work since 540p and 1080i are both inside the specs.

I had a several year old SVGA presentation monitor (like introduced 5 years ago) as well as a wide VGA projector, and both handle the resolutions just fine.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got a new Samsung SIR-T160 (I am pretty sure of the model - from Best Buy). It has 3 output modes on RGB - 480i/p (whatever that is), 720p and 1080i.

480i/p - looked great, but I am not investing in HD to get that resolution

720p - cropped at least the bottom 10% off the display

1080i - looked good except the right 30% was duplicated on the right side (hard to explain)

needless to say, i was disappointed but not surprised. i am just guessing that the resolution sets HD uses were not programmed into the supported ones my projector does. oh well, i am happy with the performance of it other than HD and HD gives me something to hope for before MNF next year :^)

thanks,

shawn

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.