AVS Forum banner

1581 - 1600 of 1633 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
1. The "Model" you have.
Vizio PQ65-F1

2. What convinced you to purchase this particular model.
Image quality / value

3. What you like best about your LCD.
Bright and colorful. Good image quality.

4. What you don't like about your LCD.
Vertical banding.

5. What "Feature(s)" you wish your LCD had.
Better UI.

6. What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacturer" about your LCD.
Need a better user experience in terms of UI.

7. What was your biggest "Surprise" after you received your LCD.
Vertical banding issues.

8. What "Problems or Issues" have you had with your LCD.
Vertical banding issues. (Do I sound like a broken record?)

9. Do you really think that todays "Prices" are worth it.
I'm not sure yet!

·
Registered
509 Posts
1. The "Model" you have.

Samsung 78KS9500

Size, & got a good deal on it.

Picture quality with 4K sources. Wow! Also, surprisingly deep blacks. Pretty cool remote too.

Flashlighting/clouding. With a lower backlight like I use, it's not too bad. But when watching HDR content, the backlight automatically jumps to max and there is significant flashlighting on dark screens.

It has all the features I need.

6. What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacturer" about your LCD.

Id rather hook my receiver direct to the TV - the OneConnect box just seems like an extra hop.

How big the box is!

Had a strange issue the first day not being able to access some picture modes/settings.

Up to 65" i think are at reasonable prices. When you want something larger like i did, prices skyrocket (excessively IMO).

10. Any additional information that you want to add is encouraged.

Like other posters, I'm hoping for more 4K content sooner rather than later. I also wish manufacturers would give the option of a "non-smart" TV for a reduced cost, for those of us with HTPCs and the like. I don't need any built in apps, cameras, streaming services etc. but I'm paying for them regardless.
Vizio "V" series.

Price

Size, & got a good deal on it at costco

Price. sing this as a monitor for work, somw xbox1 gaming.

Picture quality with 4K sources. Wow! Also, surprisingly deep blacks. Pretty cool remote too.

It's ver new, no real reviews. Vizio needs to get better info of tv on their website.

Flashlighting/clouding. With a lower backlight like I use, it's not too bad. But when watching HDR content, the backlight automatically jumps to max and there is significant flashlighting on dark screens.

NA????

Even though on specs aheet on vizio website, says it says it has 1 billion colors, so does this tv support wide color gamut, yes i know it was only 289. what doyou expect.

provide more data about tv.

How big the box is!

Had a strange issue the first day not being able to access some picture modes/settings.

Up to 65" i think are at reasonable prices. When you want something larger like i did, prices skyrocket (excessively IMO).

10. Any additional information that you want to add is encouraged

·
Registered
11 Posts
1. The "Model" you have.
TCL 55R615

Reviews, on sale
The roku built in ARC for soundbar

The picture coming from the OTA antenna

Better, higher quality tuner or a set that wasn't defective

Better quality control

How light it was compared to my 10 year old LCD

The OTA antenna reception was horrible, some movies looked like it was a 3D movie without the glasses

1/2 the price of the tv I bought 10 years ago, so yes

I returned the tv due to the antenna reception

·
Registered
25 Posts
1. The "Model" you have.

TCL 55R425

Good reviews of the built in ROKU streaming and sale price.

Coming from a 46" screen the larger size is great and with adjustments the picture quality is pretty good.

Remote is next to useless and took a while to get a universal one to work properly. Also do not like the use of a 3 to 1 cable adapter for composite video & sound.

More variety of inputs and outputs, better remote, more free Roku streaming options that are actually worth watching.

Please include a printed manual with the set, not just a setup guide. Provide a more useful remote. Move the legs inboard a few inches to allow use on a bigger variety of stands.

Very lightweight.

Set does not have component or S-video inputs, so I had to wait until I could find the correct adapter.

Considering I paid 1/4 of what I paid when I bought my last set in 2008, yes

I learned after buying the TCL that the company is a Chinese state enterprise. Not too happy about that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
1. The "Model" you have.

Sony 900F

The fine folks in the "help me decide" thread

The picture quality coming from a 12-year-old DLPTV

The bill!

Android OS is slow, and I say that as someone who up until this TV ran a Google Nexus Player.

The Sony Shelf has to go go by default. I turned it off, but it was a huge waste of real estate.

The bezels. Dimensions on a spec sheet do not do justice to seeing them in your home.

Netflix takes a long time to load.

Yes, they do so much compared to what I had previously

Wish the price scale for the larger version was not so drastic

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
1. The "Model" you have.
TCL 65R615

Well, my 6YO Samsung just died on last week so it forced my hand. I went to CES and spoke with TCL at their press conference as well. Seemed the best value for the money currently and it was on sale for 800!

fact that it passes DD+ through ARC to my Reciever and the 120 local dimming zones really make this thing pop. It also looks great with its brushed metal trim

Fact that it's not OLED but it's not this TVs fault. Just can't put my money into that tech yet since I use my TV a lot and burn in is still a thing. Also why are center stands not standard anymore? I had to rearrange my setup because it has these 2 tiny feet on either side now

HDMI 2.1 going forward

Offer the option for a center stand

Just how much I notice the differance going from 1080 to 4k. Though I think it may be more the HDR and Dolby Vision making the biggest impact

While I like that it has roku built in, Not having a proper remote with multiple functions stinks. I have a harmony one which helps but ys it not the greatest.

$800 for this is a great price. usually $1000 but best buy had a sale

the best time to buy a TV is when your previous one dies. I agonized over getting a 4K tv for years to replace mine but it just did not seem worth it. Now that i got my moneys worth out of my previous TV i am loving this new one without regret

·
Registered
548 Posts
1. The "Model" you have.
Samsung 75NU7100

Large size and super good price.

The immersion factor, great for sports and movies.

It is an edge lit display.

Dolby Vision, FALD, another composite/component input, but I can't complain at this price.

I would say to make the extended warranty options a little more affordable.

Just actually physically seeing how big it looks in the living room.

The first panel that I got had unacceptable backlight bleed at the bottom but this was dealt with in a quick and professional manner.

Absolutely, I got a really good deal on this set, I paid the same for it as I did for my 42 inch plasma in the spring of 2008.

I had been looking off and on at getting a new TV for the past couple of years but glad I finally pulled the trigger.

·
Registered
8 Posts
1. The "Model" you have.
Samsung 75NU7100

Large size and super good price.

The immersion factor, great for sports and movies.

It is an edge lit display.

Dolby Vision, FALD, another composite/component input, but I can't complain at this price.

I would say to make the extended warranty options a little more affordable.

Just actually physically seeing how big it looks in the living room.

The first panel that I got had unacceptable backlight bleed at the bottom but this was dealt with in a quick and professional manner.

Absolutely, I got a really good deal on this set, I paid the same for it as I did for my 42 inch plasma in the spring of 2008.

I had been looking off and on at getting a new TV for the past couple of years but glad I finally pulled the trigger.
Got a TCL 50S423 at Costco on sale before the Superbowl to use at our rental condo since they upgraded the cable service to HD. The day before the game, my 9 year old 46" Insignia that was outside on the covered patio refused to turn on. Luckily, I had the 50" in waiting, got it mounted, and saved the day for the party the next day. Happy with the picture and the Roku, will be getting another for the condo.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I just purchased the Samsung 75NU8000 today. Great price of 1499 for the 75", however this was at the Navy Exchange. Haven't picked it up yet, but just wanted to let anyone know who has Navy Exchange access, it's on sale for that price through tomorrow!:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
1. The "Model" you have: UN55RU8000FXZA

2. What convinced you to purchase this particular model: 2019 model at a great price.

3. What you like best about your LCD: Picture and Smart Remote with Bixby

4. What you don't like about your LCD: The manual. You have to figure out everything and trial and error.

5. What "Feature(s)" you wish your LCD had: None that I can think of at the moment.

6. What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacturer" about your LCD: Please make a manual that explains all the features of the TV and remote.

7. What was your biggest "Surprise" after you received your LCD: The Smart TV aspect.

8. What "Problems or Issues" have you had with your LCD: None yet.

9. Do you really think that todays "Prices" are worth it: Yes, it was a bargain for this model.

10. Any additional information that you want to add is encouraged: No regrets.

·
Registered
336 Posts
1. The "Model" you have: 65sk9500

2. What convinced you to purchase this particular model: LG name and FALD

3. What you like best about your LCD: Natural picture good darks and smart tv features

4. What you don't like about your LCD: Lack of good manual

5. What "Feature(s)" you wish your LCD had: None that I can think of at the moment.

6. What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacturer" about your LCD: Please make a manual that explains all the features of the TV and remote.

7. What was your biggest "Surprise" after you received your LCD: nothing

8. What "Problems or Issues" have you had with your LCD: None yet.

9. Do you really think that todays "Prices" are worth it: Yes for the most part, even though this was LG's top end lcd.

10. Any additional information that you want to add is encouraged: No regrets.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just got a new LCD Flat Panel? Post it here ONLY. Please do not post projection models.

Tell me the following:

1. The "Model" you have.
Samsung QN43Q60RAFXZA Flat 43'' QLED 4K Q60 Series (2019)

The only QLED in its size 43"

Picture Quality, Color.

Cheesy leg cord clips, Digital Manual on the TV, No legacy composite or component inputs.

PIP, Last Input/Previous Channel

Include a printed manual. Include composite/component to HDMI converter

The remote programs itself to control whatever devices/brands is selected on the HDMI input.

None.

Yes. Under a grand. My last HDTV Panny Plasma was double the price in this size.

Satisfied with the unit/purchase. I posted a review on the online bookstore site.

·
Registered
55 Posts
New Outside TV

Picked a closeout model TV for our backyard/Pool - Upgraded from a 40" low budget Toshiba...

1. The "Model" you have.
TCL 49S405 49" Roku 4K LED TV

Cost, Cost, Cost, oh and max size for our location was 50"

Cost, higher brightness than old 40" budget LCD, Roku Built In, Size

Still would prefer an even brighter TV, VA panel so poor side viewing

Voice Remote, Even Brighter Screen, better reflection handling

Better Menu for screen setup

The sound output is pretty good

None yet...

Yes, of course - under $200 on closeout

This is being used outdoors - so I tried to find a good TV under $300 and getting this for just about $200 out the door was a great deal!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
1. The "Model" you have: TCL 55R615

2. What convinced you to purchase this particular model: Have the 65" too, so I know it's an amazing set for the money.

3. What you like best about your LCD: Absolutely amazing color and brightness for the money, VERY, VERY little banding or DSE.

4. What you don't like about your LCD: For $500, absolutely nothing. Screw wide viewing angles, TV's are meant to be viewed head on or near head on anyway, and we only use use swivel mounts to maximize our flexibility.

5. What "Feature(s)" you wish your LCD had: HDR10+ I guess, but easily not a big deal for the price

6. What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacturer" about your LCD: Keep on improving every year! Hisense is on your tail now, but you have the lead with 100% integrated manufacturing making every single one of your own parts, so you will always have the edge on value as long as you keep up reliability. Consider a 70" size, 75" is a just a little too big for some of us.

7. What was your biggest "Surprise" after you received your LCD: Even less banding and DSE than out our other 2 TCL's.

8. What "Problems or Issues" have you had with your LCD: None. Zilch.

9. Do you really think that today's "Prices" are worth it: Absolutely! It's insane how much TV you can get for $500 these days

10. Any additional information that you want to add is encouraged: Unless you jump all the way to OLED, I see no reason anyone should waste their money on anything more than a high-end TCL.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
1. The "Model" you have: 65sk9500

2. What convinced you to purchase this particular model: LG name and FALD

3. What you like best about your LCD: Natural picture good darks and smart tv features
Rtings says it's main con is "Dark scenes appear gray and blotchy" and it's FALD was rated a 5/10 but whatever works for you, for any any actual video enthusiast I couldn't see spending that much on a 1300:1 contrast with blotchy and gray blacks... hope you really have a strong need for wide viewing angles for a mass of people viewing at once that can't sit in front, otherwise a $700 TCL blows it away in PQ... Not trying to attack you, but I'm just shocked you could even say an IPS TV has good blacks on a video enthusiast site.

·
Registered
1 Posts
1. The "Model" you have.
Topfoison J03

Mini 720p projector with high brightness

It's using Topfoison 3.97 inch 1280*720 TFT LCD display

None

Discrete code for DVI1, 2 and HDMI.

Perhaps you have any idea?

Great design!

Nothing yet.

YES I DO really think that it has a great cost-performance!

·
Registered
174 Posts
1. The "Model" you have: TCL 55R615

2. What convinced you to purchase this particular model: Have the 65" too, so I know it's an amazing set for the money.

3. What you like best about your LCD: Absolutely amazing color and brightness for the money, VERY, VERY little banding or DSE.

4. What you don't like about your LCD: For $500, absolutely nothing. Screw wide viewing angles, TV's are meant to be viewed head on or near head on anyway, and we only use use swivel mounts to maximize our flexibility.

5. What "Feature(s)" you wish your LCD had: HDR10+ I guess, but easily not a big deal for the price

6. What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacturer" about your LCD: Keep on improving every year! Hisense is on your tail now, but you have the lead with 100% integrated manufacturing making every single one of your own parts, so you will always have the edge on value as long as you keep up reliability. Consider a 70" size, 75" is a just a little too big for some of us.

7. What was your biggest "Surprise" after you received your LCD: Even less banding and DSE than out our other 2 TCL's.

8. What "Problems or Issues" have you had with your LCD: None. Zilch.

9. Do you really think that today's "Prices" are worth it: Absolutely! It's insane how much TV you can get for $500 these days

10. Any additional information that you want to add is encouraged: Unless you jump all the way to OLED, I see no reason anyone should waste their money on anything more than a high-end TCL.
I'm glad to see this. I've been leaning towards the 55" version of this to replace an older non-4K Visio. I do some gaming on it, and the reviews seem to make it a no-brainer at this price. Unfortunately, Best Buy doesn't display this prominently, nor does it get fed the same feed that the higher end TVs get, so it's pretty hard to compare on-site.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I'm glad to see this. I've been leaning towards the 55" version of this to replace an older non-4K Visio. I do some gaming on it, and the reviews seem to make it a no-brainer at this price. Unfortunately, Best Buy doesn't display this prominently, nor does it get fed the same feed that the higher end TVs get, so it's pretty hard to compare on-site.
There are numerous reasons why you simply don't compare in store at all: lousy salespeople, terrible lighting, different feeds and settings, etc. So do your research online, use Rtings and sites like these and then buy... but at a B&M for easy returns and exchanges. Just take a chance on one of these and hopefully you'll get one with a good panel, hopefully they have stock fresher than manufactured in March of last year, for 2019 they are still making the same model for now with new production in at least Jan '19 but anything made after March '18 should have a good shot of being good!

·
Registered
2 Posts
1. The "Model" you have. Vizio V655

2. What convinced you to purchase this particular model. It was cheap and 65in and looked ok

3. What you like best about your LCD. In my living room it is completely adequate

4. What you don't like about your LCD. It's not OLED

5. What "Feature(s)" you wish your LCD had. Nothing this has all I really need

6. What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacturer" about your LCD. Keep control of your quality....

7. What was your biggest "Surprise" after you received your LCD. It has ARC....that works with my soundbar....most do but...it also has a tuner...

8. What "Problems or Issues" have you had with your LCD. none so far

9. Do you really think that todays "Prices" are worth it. mine was under 500 and I sold my old energy hog dor 100 so it made it 100 cheaper so to me it was a no brainer...

10. Any additional information that you want to add is encouraged. I am impressed with it! I know it's Vizio's bottom of the rung....but it ticked all the boxed I needed. And I am happy with it!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Tcl 55r617

Just got a new LCD Flat Panel? Post it here ONLY. Please do not post projection models.

Tell me the following:

1. The "Model" you have.
TCL 55R617.

The Cnet review.

Picture quality for a reasonably priced LCD.

"locked in " to a Roku operating system.

The ability to voice command OTA channels when in antenna mode.
Had that ability when "out of the box" but when I registered with Roku I seemed to have lost the ability.

Wish they had included a component input. And include an in depth user manual. I would have even settled for it on a CD/DVD.

These sets are known to have banding and shading problems. I rolled the dice and got as far as I can tell, no picture defects at all!

Understanding the Roku based operating system.

9. Do you really think that today's "Prices" are worth it.

H**l yes! compared to TV prices roughly 10 years ago.

I bought a Sammy 50" plasma 10? years ago. back when LCD's where the new thing. at the time, I thought they looked like S**T. Over the years I've seen prices plummet and the picture quality improve immensely on LCD's. Picture quality doesn't quite match my old plasma, but wanted a set I could display static images on. Otherwise, I would have gone for a OLED.

1581 - 1600 of 1633 Posts