AVS Forum banner

1621 - 1630 of 1630 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Wrong thread. I tried to delete my post but cant figure how to do so.

I have (possibly) narrowed my choices down to the Vizio P75QX-H1 and Samsung QN75Q80TA for my living room and trying to make a decision as to which one will be the better choice. I honestly think I will be happy no matter which one I get but I keep second guessing. I know the Vizio has all HDMI 2.1 ports and the Samsung only has one. Also the Vizio has Dolby Vision where the Samsung does not. I am not sure the dolby vision will matter all that much to me. I plan on using the TV for 50% gaming and 50% Movies/TV/Streaming. I have a PS4 but plan on getting a PS5 at some point so HDMI 2.1 is preferable. I am not a sports fan. The living room is light controlled so no worries about glares and such during daytime use. Another point I am hanging on is the brightness between the two. I have read the Vizio can get much brighter than the Q80T which helps in HDR but the Vizio also has a red tint to it. Would like to stick to the about $2,000. I could go more if I really wanted to but if I start reaching into the mid $2Ks I might as well go to and 85". Ugh....

Anyone have any thoughts or opinions?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just got a new LCD Flat Panel? Post it here ONLY. Please do not post projection models.

Tell me the following:

1. The "Model" you have.

TCL 55" 5-Series (55S535)

2. What convinced you to purchase this particular model.

Price-to-performance value.

3. What you like best about your LCD.

Smooth gradients (no banding). Coming from an old 1080 Samsung plasma with horrible banding (PN50B860).

4. What you don't like about your LCD.

Not quite as much pop as I'd like and picture needing a fair amount of adjusting tweaking (still doing it).

5. What "Feature(s)" you wish your LCD had.

More local dimming zones, but I guess that's what the 6-series is for.

6. What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacturer" about your LCD.

Consider adding HDR10+ in addition to Dolby Vision and make HDMI 2.1 compliant.

7. What was your biggest "Surprise" after you received your LCD.

No film cover on the screen! Not a big deal, but it was a surprise!

8. What "Problems or Issues" have you had with your LCD.

Still fiddling with picture settings. Have had to tick gamma down a bit. Considering customizing white balance but need a good reference image to do so. I understand that's on this site somewhere.

9. Do you really think that todays "Prices" are worth it.

When I bought my Samsung plasma back in the day, I plunked down almost $2000 for it. I spent about $450 for this TV, so yeah, the price is very much worth it considering the jump from 1080 to 4K and a better-than-expected picture quality. That said, the TCL still pales in comparison to the old plasma in terms of contrast and viewing angles. The color vibrancy isn't so bad, especially once I get used to it. It's a bit flatter and more muted than the plasma, but that's what I get for "downgrading."

10. Any additional information that you want to add is encouraged.

Would say that the TCL 5-Series offers great bang-for-your-buck performance, especially if you catch it on sale (like I did when it dropped to $418 on Amazon for half of a day). I just hope this TV will last years as I only recently tossed out my old plasma after using it for well over a decade.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Wrong thread. I tried to delete my post but cant figure how to do so.

I have (possibly) narrowed my choices down to the Vizio P75QX-H1 and Samsung QN75Q80TA for my living room and trying to make a decision as to which one will be the better choice. I honestly think I will be happy no matter which one I get but I keep second guessing. I know the Vizio has all HDMI 2.1 ports and the Samsung only has one. Also the Vizio has Dolby Vision where the Samsung does not. I am not sure the dolby vision will matter all that much to me. I plan on using the TV for 50% gaming and 50% Movies/TV/Streaming. I have a PS4 but plan on getting a PS5 at some point so HDMI 2.1 is preferable. I am not a sports fan. The living room is light controlled so no worries about glares and such during daytime use. Another point I am hanging on is the brightness between the two. I have read the Vizio can get much brighter than the Q80T which helps in HDR but the Vizio also has a red tint to it. Would like to stick to the about $2,000. I could go more if I really wanted to but if I start reaching into the mid $2Ks I might as well go to and 85". Ugh....

Anyone have any thoughts or opinions?
I just got the P75Q9-H61 which is a bit scaled back version of the P75QX. It has some of the best color and contrast I've ever seen on an LCD, something I would expect out of a high end OLED; overall picture is jaw-dropping. But I am having problems with annoying poor greyscale uniformity - tho this is something the P75QX is apparently better at; and the HDMI handshaking for HDR is glitchy, having problems with both panasonic 4k players and Chromecast. I am going to try to see if I can somehow trade it for a P75QX and hopefully get a better panel. Samsung I feel you dont get as much for your money.

·
Registered
584 Posts
1. The "Model" you have.
Sony 85" X800H

Size and price combination, and brand preference.

Size - I sit 13' away and often watch from 20'+ while in the kitchen.

- Cannot setup the remote to use my cable box, Hotwire Communications, Technicolor box.

NA

6. What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacturer" about your LCD.
NA

Weight - about 95 lbs without stand. I was accustomed to the 48" I could tuck under one arm, or the 60" that I could install myself on the wall.

- Movies streamed using Plex, using Android TV is choppy and sometimes missing audio - it's unusable. Plex via my Roku works just fine.

9. Do you really think that today's "Prices" are worth it.
Yes. $1,699 for an 85" is quite the deal, in my mind. I paid $2,100 for my Sony 52" back in 2009, and $900 for the Vizio 60" in 2014.

Reactions: allargon

·
Registered
183 Posts
1. The "Model" you have.
Sony 65" XH90. 65-KDXH9005BU.

I thought it was the best value for money compared to the Samsung Q90T and LG CX.

The HDR PQ in Games and Dolby Vision Content.

All the bugs and the whole 4K 120 Fiasco.

If it gets all the promised features, then there would be nothing to add really.

Fix the bugs and provide the promised features working correctly.

I was very surprised at the impact of the HDR using the Full Array Dimming.

As mentioned above, Bugs. Green Flashing in DV Content. Back Light flashing in Terrestrial TV content. Sound Dropping. 4K 120 Blur.

9. Do you really think that todays "Prices" are worth it.
No.

I think if the bugs were sorted out and the features that are promised are given, this is a fantastic steal at the price paid and at that point, Sony should be commended for such a fantastic Set. Until that happens they need a boot up their backside to sort it all out.

·
Registered
56 Posts
1. The "Model" you have.
Hisense 85H6510G

Size and price combination. $999.99 for an 85" beast can't be beat.

Size.

Not an OLED or QLED

None so far, it comes with Netflix, Amazon, YouTube, Hulu. That's all we watch.

None so far.

Weight - about 120 lbs with sound bar on top of TV

None so far.

9. Do you really think that today's "Prices" are worth it.
Yes. $999.99 for an 85" is quite the deal

This TV has a VA panel so the blacks are good, and despite it is only a direct-lit LED no FALD, its bright enough for us.

Reactions: allargon

·
Registered
645 Posts
I just purchased a Samsung 65Q90R from a guy in southern California who does clearance for Samsung and electronic places. Great condition like new for a super price. I love this display and I’ve owned many including OLED

·
Registered
193 Posts
1.The "Model" you have.
Hisense 75" h8g

2.What convinced you to purchase this particular model.
The size, price, picture quality and recommendations from others on here.

3.What do you like best about your LCD.
Size & picture quality

4. What you don't like about your LCD
wish it was eARC compatible

eARC

6.What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacturer" about your LCD
as of right now ( 1 week of ownership ) nothing.

no component connection, how easy the setup was.

8.What "Problems or Issues" have you had with your LCD
none so far

9.Do you really think that today's "Prices" are worth it
for what I paid for this 75" tv......yes !

10.Any additional information that you want to add is encouraged
I wanted to keep my budget around $1,200 and just barely went over, but feel like I got about as good of a TV at seventy five inches as I could ask for at that price. The picture quality is really good for the price range and the HDR looks really good.......especially when I play 4K movies using my Sony UBP-x800 4K player. Very happy so far.

Reactions: wpwj40e

·
Registered
9 Posts
1.The "Model" you have.
2017 Sony x940e (manufactured in 2018)

2.What convinced you to purchase this particular model.
6K set when it came out in 2017; I was frustrated with 2020 models and found 2017 was a nice year for LCDs. Also, getting a new one for 1/3 initial cost was nice.

3.What do you like best about your LCD.
75" of glory

4. What you don't like about your LCD
eARC compatible

eARC

6.What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacturer" about your LCD
as of right now: Nothing

how big 75" really was

8.What "Problems or Issues" have you had with your LCD
none so far

9.Do you really think that today's "Prices" are worth it
No, that is why I went back a couple years. Just like buying a 3 year old vehicle to get out of the initial depreciation. Except, I get a "New in Box" set with the depreciation gone. I'll take it.

10.Any additional information that you want to add is encouraged
Samsung and Sony made some awesome sets in 2017 with quality builds. If you can find any still around "new in box", give them a look.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Since I sit 6’ away I wanted a 55. I got 50% discount on a 55” Samsung 900R from Bestbuys. It was open box and supposedly missing the remote but it was in the box. I was tipped off that the TV was actually mint by sales person. I took a chance and bought it. Of course no TV is perfect but I love it. No not for the 8k on a 55” but for one of the best 55 inch QLED for HDR and gaming, I was shocked to see it was manufactured in 2021. It was actually in perfect mint condition and had the factory remote.

Attachments

1621 - 1630 of 1630 Posts