AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, just to confuse myself a bit more (I have so far absolutely, positively, 100% decided on the HD1000, wait, no I mean the Panny AX100, no the HD70, no really the Sharp DT-500, oh wait, the Espson 400...) I saw today the Mits HC3000 has now dropped to $1295.

So...would it be a better choice than the HD1000 now that it's just $400 more? Theater room is about 70% light control during day (during day I can watch HD football just fine with my current X1, DVDs are okay, but not great...both are excellent at night)

Any opinions!! (Stop me before I change my mind again!)

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
The HC3000U will give you clearly better blacks and dark scene contrast with the iris activated and it can be turned off for any ambient light viewing. The HC3000U has a bit more picture depth. It will show a bigger improvement in contrast/black level over your X1. Then again, the $899 HD1000U could be modded for free, but if one added an iris and color wheel mod the iris would be static and non adjustable + you'd void the warranty (thought it's short warranty) unless you removed the mods should something go wrong with the projector.

Is it worth $400 more? Depends on the person. If you really want that extra black and contrast performance that will very noticeably improve dark scenes even further then it is. Assuming you have no interest in modding the cheaper HD1000U, of course.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.