AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 48" widescreen TV and Klipsch Quintet speakers (small)

Is it ok if I put the center and two speakers on top of the TV?

My friend said the magnet in the speakers might cause damage.

Thanks.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I believe that the Quintets are shielded but to know for sure go to www.klipsch.com and ask on the klipsch forum or look at the product specs if there shielded they will list it in the spec's.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DRIVE COMPONENTS:

Two-way system using one .75" (1.91cm) magnetically shielded, polymer dome compression driver tweeter with a 90°x40° Tractrix® Horn and one 3.5" (8.9cm) magnetically shielded, poly cone woofer

So I guess I am okay.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by JL 74
DRIVE COMPONENTS:

Two-way system using one .75" (1.91cm) magnetically shielded, polymer dome compression driver tweeter with a 90°x40° Tractrix® Horn and one 3.5" (8.9cm) magnetically shielded, poly cone woofer

So I guess I am okay.
Yep your good to go I checked myself as well. Enjoy.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
but will that front set up (three speakers, center and two satellites on top of 48" rear proj widescreen) okay?

I am not an audiophille but I don't want to mess it up too much.

It is just space is such an issue in my family room to have speaker stands for it and mounting it on a wall is not an option.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by JL 74
but will that front set up (three speakers, center and two satellites on top of 48" rear proj widescreen) okay?

I am not an audiophille but I don't want to mess it up too much.

It is just space is such an issue in my family room to have speaker stands for it and mounting it on a wall is not an option.
Well if you have no other option then I guess thats what your stuck with. I would try and find a way to separate the left and right speakers in the future if you can so it will sound better. Having all 3 of them that close you almost might as well use the TV's internal speakers.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Even if they weren't shielded, you wouldnt have a problem as the internals of a projection TV are down low enough that there would be no magnetic interference from them.
Quote:
Sorry but that sounds more like a WAF to me instead.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.