AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any active HD FM stations in the Oklahoma City area? I went to Wal-Mart (Norman) today and did a scan on one of their HD car radios . . . but found only analog. The Ibiquity site shows several HD stations. But I am always skeptical unless I can receive the stations.

·
Registered
406 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamflyer /forum/post/0

Are there any active HD FM stations in the Oklahoma City area? I went to Wal-Mart (Norman) today and did a scan on one of their HD car radios . . . but found only analog. The Ibiquity site shows several HD stations. But I am always skeptical unless I can receive the stations.

Inside the store I doubt you would get any signal anyway. There is way too much interfearance from the lights, and other electronics in the store, not to mention the perponderance of concrete and steel in the construction of the building.

We have an HD Radio product and even with it's reception being one of the best, inside the store you might get 2 stations.

Until the FCC lifts its restrictions on broadcast strength I fear at least. . . Hopefully the FCC will act quickly.

·
Registered
406 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamflyer /forum/post/0

From Stillwater I confirmed all of the Oklahoma City FM stations listed by the Ibiquity site are in digital. Ones listed as "coming soon" are still not on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.