Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
People,

I just purchased a Hitachi HDTV w/tuner and I need to advice on which antenna to use, where to mount, VHF/UHF? All that good stuff. My ZIP is 73170 and I am in a single story house in Moore, I can do roof mount but would rather do attic or even better, indoor. Is this feasible?

Thanks for the help!

SF

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What am I to do then? That sucks! What are you planning to do to get these signals? Are you planning on waiting for more antenna power?

Do I need to go roofmount?

SF

·
Registered
627 Posts
KOKH/KOCB are working on a full power sollution that will be completed sometime this fall. I have 21 on my signal strength meter from the antenna in my attic. Since you live on the east side of I-35 you might try putting your antenna on the roof. The reason why I have is that KOKH/KOCB are broadcast standard definition 480i. They are working to broadcast HD sometime this fall as well. KOCO should be full power in the next month or 2.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Any chance to receive OTA HD in Stillwater from the OKC broadcast stations?

My only option is for an in attic type antenna, e.g., Terk TV55.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by hz536n
My only option is for an in attic type antenna, e.g., Terk TV55.
What is your definition of an "attic-type" antenna? The only thing I can think of is one that can be used in a restricted space. Most attics have sufficient space for a fairly large antenna. Also, no one cares about the appearance of an antenna when it is in the attic, so attic antennas do not have to be one of those futuristic "designer-types" such as Terk TV55.

For distances greater than ~25 miles from the transmitters, I recommend using the largest antenna which will fit into the attic space. My son has a ChannelMaster 3020 antenna in his attic. This antenna is over 150 inches long. My sister-in-law has a ChannelMaster 3017 in the attic of her second floor apartment and this antenna is ~95 inches long. My son in Houston has a ChannelMaster 3016 in his attic suspended next to the water heater and he receives all the Houston DTV stations with signal level 100 on his Toshiba DST-3000 receiver.

DonP

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Quote:
Any chance to receive OTA HD in Stillwater from the OKC broadcast stations?
I live near 6th and Jardot in Stillwater and receive KETA-DT (PBS national HD), KOPX-DT (PAX, no HD) and KSBI-DT (HDNet). I used to receive KFOR-DT (NBC), but started having problems around the end of April and haven't been able to work them out. I have a Channel Master 4228 outdoor UHF antenna, but I know of at least one person with an attic VHF/UHF antenna on the southwest side of town who gets all those channels.

I'm getting ready to add a second outdoor antenna to try and get Tulsa stations based on the success of some other people here in Stillwater. Also, KOCO-DT is supposed to go full power this week and hopefully I'll see at least blips until I get my second VHF antenna up.

Dennis

·
Registered
49 Posts
Dennis,

Thanks. I'm near 26th and Western in Stillwater and I hope I have a good antenna view toward OKC. Need to stick with an antenna in the attic though. Thinking about the Samsung SIR-T151 Receiver for HD reception to my TXM2796HF TV, but the antenna issue has me in pause mode right now. Any local antenna sources?

Geo

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Quote:
Any local antenna sources?
I ordered mine from Warren Electronics in Chicago because I was specifically looking for the Channel Master 4228 and nobody local had it.

Lowe's has the Channel Master Stealthtenna, but I don't have experience with it. They also have polls, rotors and pre-amps and might be able to special order anything you want.

Don't rule out Radio Shack. Some people on these forums have had good luck with their models.

Dennis

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.