AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Still in my system 2 modified Threshold T-50's. Modified as 100wpc class A monos. Michael Bladelius who designed the amps did the mod for a VP at the company. Also still active in my system a Forte 4A 50wpc class a amp and a Forte 6 125wpc A/B amp. They've been running problem free for years.

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
I was so happy to see the Pavek museum in St Louis Park, MN (a Mpls burb.) They had so much vintage radio gear. They had some old McIntosh stuff there, including a tube amp.

The coolest thing there (not an amp, but cool,) was these massive Western Electric horn speakers that used to be used in a cinema.

To add coolness to coolness, a guy from the museum plays some old Bing Crosby from an old reel to reel which was hooked to the speakers. The tape machine was German (AKG,) and apparently the machine a US company (Ampex?) "borrowed" their design from.

If you ever get a chance, check it out.

Unfortunately I can share any vintage amp stories. But I do recall having a vintage audio/video console system in our kitchen with a radio, TV and phono. Can't recall the brand. Thing must have cost a mint when it was new. Cant recall what happened to it - mom must have given it away.

I love vintage gear. And sorry I am so off topic.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJHuman
I was so happy to see the Pavek museum in St Louis Park, MN (a Mpls burb.) They had so much vintage radio gear. They had some old McIntosh stuff there, including a tube amp.

The coolest thing there (not an amp, but cool,) was these massive Western Electric horn speakers that used to be used in a cinema.

To add coolness to coolness, a guy from the museum plays some old Bing Crosby from an old reel to reel which was hooked to the speakers. The tape machine was German (AKG,) and apparently the machine a US company (Ampex?) "borrowed" their design from.

If you ever get a chance, check it out.

Unfortunately I can share any vintage amp stories. But I do recall having a vintage audio/video console system in our kitchen with a radio, TV and phono. Can't recall the brand. Thing must have cost a mint when it was new. Cant recall what happened to it - mom must have given it away.

I love vintage gear. And sorry I am so off topic.
Would love to see that place.

Also owed the Ampzilla ll and Ampzilla 500 and some of the GAS preamps.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Nakamichi PA5-II. Should have kept that one.

Also have had at different times in my system:

Aragon, Acurus, Sherbourn, Anthem, Bryston.

I have a Proceed BPA-2 and an AMP5 now. 2 + 5 for a 7.1 system.

·
Premium Member
1,633 Posts
Not actually an amp, but a receiver. Though, they did sell an integrated based on the same chassis. This being my Luxman R-115 that I bought new in 1987.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.