AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Barco Data 2 that I picked up in non-working condition for £30.

Fault:

It powers up, but will not display a picture. On the telltale LED's, all light up as normal, but the HTHV led is not lit and the scan fail red led is lit. I assume this means that there is a problem with either the SMPS board or the HV board.

Has anyone had this problem before, and if so, what was the remedy?

There is no obvious damage to any of the transformers and none of the horizontal output transistors seem to have failed, as none of them measure short circuit across C-E, E-B or B-C.

Does anyone have a service manual for this projector? Barco have one, but they want £100 for it, and I am not sure it is worth it for such an old projector. They also still have some spare parts, but the SMPS boards are around £400....... ouch!!

I am reasonably confident with electronics, and I have an electronic engineer at work that is willing to have a go at it, but ideally I need to supply him with some circuit schematics, or at least a good idea of what the problem is.

If anyone can help, please do so. It would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Tom

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hello Tom.

I have a service manual (in PDF format) for the Barco Data 400 witch is a similar projector. If you send me a PM I will arrange so you can download it from my site. But I think it's over 45 Mb, so you better have a high speed connection...

/Peter

·
Registered
353 Posts
Peter,

I am always interested in service manuals for CRT-Projectors. I put them on my site for everybody to download. I Also would like to download it, or if you like, I can arrange for you to FTP it to me, so I can put it online.

How about it?

Check out my site, and you see what I mean.

Regards,

Reinier.
http://beamer.xs4all.nl

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hi Tom,

Some tips for you. Try to take the HV-leads form the splitter to the tubes out one by one, and see if the high-voltage comes up. Maybe one of the tubes has shorted. Looks like a splitter or quadrupler problem. You should be able to find the parts used.

Regards,

Reinier.

·
Registered
18,501 Posts
Rainer has a good idea. If the red HV LED does not go off when you disconnect the CRT leads, then you have a had H or V board or a bad power supply.

I've sold all my parts for these, sorry!

Curt

·
Registered
129 Posts
....If you take out the HT connections,remember allso to take out the tube /pin/socket connection at the end of the tube.Just dismantle it from the tube itself and let it hang in its wiring without touching any metal parts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.