AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking around for a bit now but as usually happens, I'm just more torn then ever before.

I would really like a 37" because of the stand I have, but I know that limits the quality of sets quite a bit. 40" is probably about as big as I can go.

Will be mostly for SD for now (some movies and Wii), soon to HD though, so I would like 1080p.

I'd like to keep it under $2k.

I've looked at the LG LB5D and that looks nice. I haven't seen the XBR5 but I hear that is a very good one.

Viewing distance is 6-8 feet or so.

Light control is good enough, so that shouldn't be a problem. Suggestions? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Samsung LN-T4061F (matte 60Hz)

Samsung LN-T4065F (gloss 60Hz))

Samsung LN-T4069F (matte with 120Hz)

Samsung LN-T4071F (gloss with 120Hz)

·
Registered
332 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha_Phil /forum/post/12972018

I've been looking around for a bit now but as usually happens, I'm just more torn then ever before.

I would really like a 37" because of the stand I have, but I know that limits the quality of sets quite a bit. 40" is probably about as big as I can go.

Will be mostly for SD for now (some movies and Wii), soon to HD though, so Iwould like 1080p.

I'd like to keep it under $2k.

I've looked at the LG LB5D and that looks nice. I haven't seen the XBR5 but I hear that is a very good one.

Viewing distance is 6-8 feet or so.

Light control is good enough, so that shouldn't be a problem. Suggestions? Thanks.

i dont think you should limit your set to only 40 inches because of your stand, you could bu a new stand and a 46 inch set at your price range.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazm899 /forum/post/12972396

i dont think you should limit your set to only 40 inches because of your stand, you could bu a new stand and a 46 inch set at your price range.

Here's my problem. For some reason unknown to mankind, my builder put a designated spot for the tv by "digging out" a hole in the wall. It's fairly common, at least around here, for some reason. I had a custom wall unit built into it so it looks nice (it was obviously fit to my tv at the time).

I have ~38" wide without removing either of the side panels (basically they hide cables, the Wii, etc...). Now, I could remove one/both of those and add another 6" per side, for upto nearly a 50" (about 1/16" short of a full 50).

I guess I'd be willing to do that if I found the right tv for a great price. Thanks for the suggestions.

·
Registered
5,562 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha_Phil /forum/post/12972443

Here's my problem. For some reason unknown to mankind, my builder put a designated spot for the tv by "digging out" a hole in the wall. It's fairly common, at least around here, for some reason. I had a custom wall unit built into it so it looks nice (it was obviously fit to my tv at the time).

I have ~38" wide without removing either of the side panels (basically they hide cables, the Wii, etc...). Now, I could remove one/both of those and add another 6" per side, for upto nearly a 50" (about 1/16" short of a full 50).

I guess I'd be willing to do that if I found the right tv for a great price. Thanks for the suggestions.

just curious, just because this 'builder' said that that spot was 'designated' for a tv doesnt mean u absolutely have to use it, does it? or is it a city /county/state building-code sort of thing?

unless im missing something i would put the tv whereever the heck i wanted to put it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts