AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this 10 ear old projector off gumtree. its only done 400hrs over ten years on the original bulb. it has been sitting for the last 5 years.

powers on okay but image is blurry especially in center and purple/green hue in centre of image around words (which i guess causes the blurr).

ive been doing some reading and i think its a convergence issue... any tips for me to fix this issue.. im handy with a screwdriver and like playing around with electronics so not completly useless. here are the pics..

any help would be hugely appreciated
first time poster :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I bought this 10 ear old projector off gumtree. its only done 400hrs over ten years on the original bulb. it has been sitting for the last 5 years.

powers on okay but image is blurry especially in center and purple/green hue in centre of image around words (which i guess causes the blurr).

ive been doing some reading and i think its a convergence issue... any tips for me to fix this issue.. im handy with a screwdriver and like playing around with electronics so not completly useless. here are the pics..

any help would be hugely appreciated
first time poster :)
Hi,

I'm very sorry to tell you that this is not a convergence issue. Or, let my rephrase it: it is a convergence issue but it is caused by a burned out polarizer filter that sits between one of the LCD panels and the convergence prism. So, although it is a convergence issue, there's no way to fix it by any kind of realignment of the LCD panels.

More info and a complex fix here: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/68-digital-projectors-under-3-000-usd-msrp/1592818-epson-powerline-home-cinema-8100-color-convergence-problem.html

I would advise you to demand a refund if that's possible. Unless it happened when turning the projector on, which I've seen reported in this forum about a projector from the same series that was stored for a long time.

In order to find out if the total running time of the projector is indeed 400h, grab the remote and press 'Menu' for about 8 seconds, then 'ESC' twice and right then left arrows.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts