AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm building a family room with projector etc...

I dont want to spend a lot of money on the audio system. If it's possible i'd like it arround 600$.

I presently own a Harman Kardon 3250 and 2 speakers Bose 201 4series. I'm wondering if i would be better to buy a new cheap complete system. Or just keed my HK3250 and buy 2 more Bose speakers and a Sub.

Sorry for my bad english

congrats for this great forum

·
Registered
775 Posts
Stop buying Bose. Keep the H/K and get two real bookshelf size speakers and a sub. You should be able to stay around 600 bucks easy. Buy Best Buy's Insignia bookshelf speaker Model: NS-B2111. They are 75 bucks a pair. Get a Sony Model: SA-W3000 subwoofer for 180 bucks and now you have a very cheap system that will use the old and the new. Sell the Bose on ebay. They have terrific resale value.

·
Registered
6,156 Posts
I agree on keeping the HK. The Insignias are a great bargain for what they are, but you can do better for $600. If you want a 2.1 system, you could do a lot worse than Paradigm Atoms ($250/pr) and a PDR-8 sub ($300). If you'd prefer a pair of towers, the Infinity Beta 40 was a great speaker at $800/pr, and it's now being discounted into the $400-500 range.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your comments

I'll keep the HK, and will buy a Sub and towers.

The review on the Infinity Beta 40 are good, but i find it on bestbuy.ca for 1200can$/pr
The canadian price are real too hight on some products.

The insignia seem good for the price. But i have to buy from a place that has a account with my cie.

I'll try to find something in my canadian $ budget and in sale in most AV center.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts