AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if the D-Theater demo tape that used to be included with new in the box JVC 30K decks is available for purchase anywhere? IIRC this one had various clips of Japanese scenery and was supposedy of awesome PQ.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
I would never sell mine. It is quite simply the finest presentation of HD material anywhere on the planet.

·
Registered
13,531 Posts
I still wish there were a place to buy a copy of that JVC D-Theater demo tape with all sorts of movie trailers....

·
Registered
235 Posts
Ask someone at a Circuit City if you can. Everyone I've been in has this tape in it's sleeve sitting right next to the deck. They never even use it, they don't even hook the 30K up to that crappy Sony set they stuck it under, so one can view the demo tape if they are interested in the 30K. The sales people there don't even know what the hell it is. The 30K could be a soda machine for all the hell they know. One sales person even told me that the 30K had been discontinued and that the one they have on the floor under the crappy Sony was networking the HD broadcast throughout the store. Hello, its not even hooked up!

·
Premium Member
2,399 Posts
I have made my own demo tape by copying selected portions of the PBS Demo Loop as well as material from HD NET.

IMHO the JVC demo tape can't compare.

·
Registered
22,315 Posts
I have that Japan demo tape, the JVC dealer demo tape with so many movie clips - and, my own demo tape, using a Mitsub 1100U and JVC D-VHS VCRs, of the HD movie trailers and music and Superbowl 2003 highlites. BEAT [email protected]@@

·
Registered
865 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve Bruzonsky
I have that Japan demo tape, the JVC dealer demo tape with so many movie clips - and, my own demo tape, using a Mitsub 1100U and JVC D-VHS VCRs, of the HD movie trailers and music and Superbowl 2003 highlites. BEAT [email protected]@@
Do you have the BEll Expressview Demo loops? I have all their demos from 2 years ago to present. Parts of them are as good as the JVC Demo. Some of Dish and PBS Demo loops are also not too bad. HDNET also has some good Trailers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.