AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the long post, but bare with me.

I have an Onkyo tx-sr800 and also the polk rm 6500 5.1 speakers and a psw350 sub.

These are the ones that Polk wants you to run the fronts to the sub, then the sub to the receiver. too many wires for me so i set them up the traditional way. After i bought them i though they sounded ok and figured they needed some tweaking. after some time i realized they just suck. Dialog is always low and have to increase the center in the receiver in order to hear but i know the rest of my sound is off.

My room is about 17x15 and looking for similar speakers which i can mount to the walls, as i have kids (3 and 5) and do not want any floor standing speakers.

so my question is, what are my options? do you think it would sound ok if i got a good pair of fronts and center and kept the sub and satellites? Do they have to be Polk, can i get something else? viewing is strictly movies as tv sounds horrible due to reasons above i believe. if i could get good sound, i would probably use them all the time.

thanks for any help..

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
sorry to bump. but looking around i found the CS2 Series 2 center for 99.00.. may be a good starting point just wondering what kind of satellites or smallish bookshelf (wall mountable) i can use.

any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,573 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt1717 /forum/post/19563356

sorry to bump. but looking around i found the CS2 Series 2 center for 99.00.. may be a good starting point just wondering what kind of satellites or smallish bookshelf (wall mountable) i can use.

any thoughts?

I really like the CS2. If you enjoy the Polk sound stick to their speakers for the fronts and rears.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts