AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I purchased 2 Aura Pro Bass shakers, and I'm using an old Fisher receiver to hook them up...they work fine except the shaking is non stop. I'm guessing this is because their no crossover setting on the receiver. Is their anyway I can set a crossover on an old receiver without having to buy a seperate amp, or a new receiver...I have my BIC H-100's crossover set to max, and on my Onkyo receiver it is set to 80. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
16,876 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron909 /forum/post/14263165

...they work fine except the shaking is non stop.

Then I'd say they are not working fine.

How is the Fisher connected to your ONKYO?

·
Registered
30,710 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron909 /forum/post/14263898

Lol sorry I didn't mean literally non stop shaking, they don't shake during quiet parts of a film. I just want to have a set crossover of 80 to go along with the subwoofer. Im using a "Y" cable

This is the way they're hooked up

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/attac...6&d=1069878073

It looks like they should have the same crossover as the sub as long as you are using the bass management in the 6.1 AVR. What is the crossover in the AVR set for?

It also may be that the old receiver is unstable with these guys or the gain is too high.

·
Registered
16,876 Posts
Yep, you don't need a crossover in the Fisher as the signal you are sending it has already been crossed-over by your ONKYO. The 80Hz you are using should be OK although I don't know the specifics of how shakers operate. Is your subwoofer calibrated properly? That would be important. And how are you adjusting the Fisher's output, exactly? I would say to turn it down if they are shaking too much.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help...I have the Fisher connected through the PHONO Input, and the shakers hooked up like in the link ( http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/attac...6&d=1069878073 ) The crossover on the Onkyo is set to 80. I've calibrated all my speakers with an SPL meter to 75db except the sub which is at 80db. Idk but I thought the shakers were only supposed to shake during low frequencies?...watching Rambo on Blu-Ray was crazy, i'd say the shakers shook 85% of the movie.

·
Registered
30,710 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron909 /forum/post/14264166

Thanks for the help...I have the Fisher connected through the PHONO Input,
BINGO! Do not use that one. Use any line-level input like tuner, cassette, etc. Never phono. Too much gain and a whole lot of EQ to emphasize the bass.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry for the double post...just wanted to say that I got it working, switched input and bam, so it's all good now...shaking on the right spots I love it. Tested it out with the Dark Knight HD trailer, sounds awesome. So thanks again! I love this place

1 - 9 of 9 Posts