AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK...I have been lurking here forever and have taken in tons of information. So thanks ahead of time to everyone that banters back and forth with the sharing of information.

However, I do have a question which I know has been touched on before...I just want to make sure that I am grasping it correctly.

After wiring our house and newly built addition, I am planning on upgrading my XBR250 to a newer Sony HDTV (not sure which way yet). With the adding of a HDTV STB, I know that I will still want to use my old D* Sony STB's (SAT-A50 & SAT-B2) elsewhere.

When I buy my elliptical dish and Sat-C Kit and install a 5X(4 or 8) multiswitch, I plan on still using my old STB's with the understanding that they will only pull the core channels off of the 101 bird. Am I correct? I am seriously hoping so. As long as my wife can continue to watch her beloved BBC America, I should be all right. :)

Thanks for any help and clarification....

Mike

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
With the new dish & mult switch, you can run 4 receivers. I have an old Sony(5 years)and a new Pan s20.---So,nope, the old rec. won't tune to 509,543,199,etc. Geo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.