AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1992 Sony 27" XBR. It flickers on and off, at about 5 second intervals, for the first 3-4 minutes that it's on, and then works fine, EXCEPT that the green gun seems to be having problems. If I change to an input that should have a black screen (i.e. nothing plugged into the specified input) the screen is a uniform faint green color. The writing at the top that says which input is selected is green, like it always was, and looks and reads fine. Also, when watching video, if there are any strong green colors, they bleed a few inches to the right. This only happens with green, and only green that is fairly saturated. It looks like HUGE smudges of green across some screens, and other times (if there's no green on the screen) there appears to be no problem at all. Any CRT guru's out there have any idea what's wrong with it? I'm assuming its a problem that won't be worth fixing, but since it was a $1200 TV, I'd like make sure its not something that I can fix relatively cheaply.

The video flickering (audio is always fine) doesn't bother me, as it goes away pretty quickly, but the green problem is always there.

Thanks

-SR

·
Registered
342 Posts
Have a Sony repair technician check it out. I had a 32XBR100 that had the same problem. At first we thought it was the CRT, upon further analysis it was a $95 chip.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.