AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a ten year old 19 inch Sony Trinitron KV-20M42 in my bedroom. Both the front and rear AV inputs do not work. Is this something I could fix? I currently can't afford a new tv.

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
Have you checked Craigs list? I just picked up a 32" Sony Wega for $25.

People are dumping their CRTs for LCD and want them gone. These great TVs weight 175-190 pounds and folks just want them out of the house. Since selling stuff on criags list (getting someone to actually show up ) is a LOT harder than buying it is to your advantage to make a very low offer. Just be ready with a strong helper and transportation cause they might just say COME AND GET IT!

As to fixing the TV, it all depends on your electronic ability and since you are asking, and didn't just take it apart, I would say you should probably not open it up.

BTW 40-62" rear projection TVS are also being dumped by the truck load on Craigs list for $50-200. You have to be a bit more careful with these, they didn't have the live expectancy of the Wega CRTs.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
If you want to keep your TV, unplug it and wait a few minutes for the power to discharge, and then open it up and take a look. It's probably just some wires that have some loose on the A/V connectors. If you're handy with a soldering iron it would be a 5 minute fix.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.