AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanna share something new with my pc~ I have recently bought a new HTPC case to replace the old Antec Nine Hundred gaming case...~ It is all because I have fallen in to the deep well of Blu-ray and HD.... I found very flashy when watching movie in the dark due to the 2 120mm LED fan and the fan controller + the BLURAY drive LED....

So I finally cannot stand anymore and bought this lovely Hair brushed aluminum Lian Li PC-C32B HTPC Case. How do you think about my setup?

Here are the specs of my 'new' rig:
  • AMD Phenom II x4 810
  • ASUS M3N-HT DELUX MEMP EDITION
  • G.SKILL 2GB DDR800 X2
  • WD 500GB SATA II
  • INNO 3D NVIDIA GTX 275 897MB
  • Leadtek DVB TUNER CARD
  • ASUS XONAR D2X
  • SUPERFLOWER PYRIMID 1000W PWR SUPPLY
  • LG BLU-RAY & HD-DVD COMBO
  • ANTEC VERIS ELITE
  • THERMALTAKE 120MM CASE FAN X2
  • NOCTUA U9B CPU COOLER
  • PIONEER HTP-330 RECEIVER
  • ASUS 23'' VH232H 1080P LCD

Here are some photos~

Here is little mod for better airflow

Hahaaaa, my Microsft Sidewinder X6 Keyboard

Thanks for reading!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy714 /forum/post/16954715

What temps do you get with that cooler??

I overclocked the cpu to 3.5Ghz...

cpu idle at 43C, Graphic card idle at 48C, mainboard idle at 32C

cpu during HD media and bluray playback is around 55C, graphic card at 65C max 85C.

I think it's pretty good temp since I have a toasty graphic card~~

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Does it bother anybody else when folks post pictures that are bigger than my desktop (1280x800 0n my widescreen laptop) or is it just me? These photos are 1360x907 so I can only see part of them without scrolling and can never see the whole thing unless I download the photo and view it in my viewer app. What is even worse is that it spreads the text across the width of the photos so entire thread's text is wider than my desktop and I have to scroll horizontally to read each line. I realize that there are settings and ways around this but wouldn't it be better if guys just uploaded 800x600 or 1024x768ish photos?

Or is there some KB shortcut or setting that I can easily use to when I encounter this?

Just askin'?

BB

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by StinDaWg /forum/post/16954776

How much did you pay for all that?

Case AUD$209

Motherboard AUD$327

CPU AUD$275

G.Card AUD$289

HDD AUD$69

SOUNDCARD AUD$200

CPU COOLER AUD$79

TV CARD AUD$80

RAM $80

Powersupply AUD$235

Antec VFD display $109

Bluray drive AUD$118

Pioneer reciever $350

ASUS 23''monitor AUD$275

Keyboard AUD$69

Mouse $49

So all together....AUD$2813 = USD$2353

I didn't buy all these together but piece by piece~

so the price for the whole thing would be cheaper

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbird999 /forum/post/16954860

Does it bother anybody else when folks post pictures that are bigger than my desktop (1280x800 0n my widescreen laptop) or is it just me? These photos are 1360x907 so I can only see part of them without scrolling and can never see the whole thing unless I download the photo and view it in my viewer app. What is even worse is that it spreads the text across the width of the photos so entire thread's text is wider than my desktop and I have to scroll horizontally to read each line. I realize that there are settings and ways around this but wouldn't it be better if guys just uploaded 800x600 or 1024x768ish photos?

Or is there some KB shortcut or setting that I can easily use to when I encounter this?

Just askin'?

BB

I'm so sorry about that....all these pics are taken with Canon 400D...I hv already resize them at 35% of the original size...

Since I have a full HD monitor so I didn't realize it would be hard for others to browse the thread.

If you are using Firefox, you can hold ctrl key and use the mouse scroll to zoom in or zoom out the webpage...hope this can help! Asking for forgiveness...~

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSmith83 /forum/post/16955065

It looks great. You can further the aesthetic appeal by getting one of these to fit in front of your optical drive. Well, that is if your case's optical drive bay supports it (it is compatible with my Lian Li PC-C33).

Thanks for that sharing! I'll definitely get one...it cost AUD$15 only~~

·
Registered
106 Posts
Nice I really like. I was thinking about getting a LIAN LI case but ended up getting a silverstone.

Just to warn you.

Don't listen to anything that N3W813 says he likes to start trash in threads like these.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowenac /forum/post/16955221

Nice I really like. I was thinking about getting a LIAN LI case but ended up getting a silverstone.

Just to warn you.

Don't listen to anything that N3W813 says he likes to start trash in threads like these.

At the very beginning I was looking at the silverstone series too...But I got the Antec Veris Elite VFD in hand and the silverstone models that I interested in don't have a full 5.25 bay to fit the panel...I really like silverstone design and the price was much cheaper too...

After searching on the WWW I found this Lian Li case which best suit my requirement (full atx motherboard and power supply support, 7 expansion slots...) ! I'm now in love with that smooth hairline aluminum!!

·
Registered
3,951 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackinaus /forum/post/16954897

Case AUD$209

Motherboard AUD$327

CPU AUD$275

G.Card AUD$289

HDD AUD$69

SOUNDCARD AUD$200

CPU COOLER AUD$79

TV CARD AUD$80

RAM $80

Powersupply AUD$235

Antec VFD display $109

Bluray drive AUD$118

Pioneer reciever $350

ASUS 23''monitor AUD$275

Keyboard AUD$69

Mouse $49

So all together....AUD$2813 = USD$2353

I didn't buy all these together but piece by piece~

so the price for the whole thing would be cheaper

Jesus Christ man, was that really worth it? Considering you can get a decent prebuilt mini computer from HP or Dell for $500...

I guess I'm just one of those people that will never understand. Congrats though, looks real professional.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StinDaWg /forum/post/16955306

Jesus Christ man, was that really worth it? Considering you can get a decent prebuilt mini computer from HP or Dell for $500...

You can buy a brand new Honda for $15k, but people still spend 10x that on Ferraris. This is an AV forum, and AV as a hobby is all about spending way too much money on hardware that you don't technically need.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts

Quote:
Since I have a full HD monitor so I didn't realize it would be hard for others to browse the thread.

If you are using Firefox, you can hold ctrl key and use the mouse scroll to zoom in or zoom out the webpage...hope this can help! Asking for forgiveness...~

BB grants forgiveness and explains that when he zooms out to make the pictures fit, his old fart eyes can't read the text. lol Besides, somebody without a full HD monitor probably shouldn't be here anyway.
I do lots of "pc support" for seniors (like myself) and they all want their desktops at 800x600 with large fonts so they can read stuff.

Nice rig, BTW.

Quote:
I guess I'm just one of those people that will never understand

It is expensive but this is first and foremost a hobby and compared to Golf, motorcycles and knitting it is a cheap hobby.

BB

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by candre23 /forum/post/16955344

You can buy a brand new Honda for $15k, but people still spend 10x that on Ferraris. This is an AV forum, and AV as a hobby is all about spending way too much money on hardware that you don't technically need.

That's true...I don't really spend bucks on clothing or clubbing... All my money gone to these stuff and my camera as well...

I'm still a student living on my own earning so....This is my hobby...Oh My Hobby...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Quote:

I guess I'm just one of those people that will never understand. Congrats though, looks real professional.

I'm a pc user since Windows 3.1...Well I enjoyed building my own pc~all my previous pc were self-built except the first one....

All the component except the case and the VFD display are from previous setup as a gaming pc(w/ old Antec Nine Hundred case)...

All I did are just put all those stuff from the old case to this New Lian Li case and added a VFD monitor~

·
Registered
882 Posts

Quote:

The key word here is 'decent'. For most people who browse this forum, decent is not nearly good enough, especially if one is going to play games on the computer (which I'm guessing is the case based on the parts he chose). There are many people out there that spend much more money on their hobbies... cars, motorcycles, golf, hard core computer gamers, the folks that browse the audio and build-your-own-home-theater forums here at avsforum, etc.

Quote:

Does it bother anybody else when folks post pictures that are bigger than my desktop (1280x800 0n my widescreen laptop) or is it just me?

Yes, that bugs the heck out of me. No offense to the original poster intended here, but there's no reason to post such huge pictures of a computer. Pictures less than half that size would be more than adequate. Still though, it looks nice.

·
Registered
106 Posts

Quote:

Does it bother anybody else when folks post pictures that are bigger than my desktop (1280x800 0n my widescreen laptop) or is it just me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mslide /forum/post/16955620

Yes, that bugs the heck out of me. No offense to the original poster intended here, but there's no reason to post such huge pictures of a computer. Pictures less than half that size would be more than adequate. Still though, it looks nice.

Nope love it fills 1920X1200 nicely. Nice pics.

Get a bigger monitor if you can't see the images. I hate it when people complain about how big pictures are that are being posted like it is being posted on there own file server or something taking up space.

Or someone could make a firefox extension for this website. I use one for vwvortex called firevortex and it resizes the images to a standard size and post a message above the image that says click here to view the full image and displays the original photo size next to that. Just thought I would mention that for the people who don't like people posting pictures.

To OP

What kind of camera did you use for those pics they look really good just curious.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.