AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
oldeBerkline 090

Hi,

I just won an ebay auction for 3 electric 090 Now I need t pick them up, do the old ones (purchased in 02) have easy detachable backs? He says the the Model number is 090A52 N7, can anyone decipher that for me?

I believe they are 090

they are power reclineing

All leather????

He also states they just come apart, what does that mean? any hooks or anything?

this is the auction

http://cgi.*********/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...5685&rd=1&rd=1

Thanks very much

Mark

PS postged in wrong forum earlier , sorry

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Well, I couldn't get the link to work, but from my experience with Berklines is that they are all easily assembled. They come shipped in two pieces, the base and the backs. There is simply a bar on the bottom of the backs that slides in and locks onto the base of the chairs. Very easy to do.

I couldn't tell you if they are all leather or not but if you get the link to work I should be able to tell ya something. You usually can't tell by the way it looks but you can if you feel it.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
yes, the Berklines of that era come apart. Mine are mostly from that time as well.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all!

I can attest to everything said is correct
We did get he backs off, owner didn't know
I am sitting in the 2 arm unit watching the basketball playoff on DVR, wait a sec, there my legs up, ahhhhhhhh...

I tried to correct the link, it keeps getting truncated??? here is the item number, am I allowed to post the price paid at an auction?

How can I tell what leather or leather/match is in this set? I have found 1 flaw so far, nail or outer nail, black, is missing near the bottom where a velcroed cover lies.

Ok, I am posting questions I haven't searched on

are there tables that fit the cup holders?

are there easy attach and decent looking pillows for your head?

Do motion tables work well with set up or something else? what?

Thanks much!

Mark

·
Registered
2,532 Posts

Quote:
are there tables that fit the cup holders?

are there easy attach and decent looking pillows for your head?

Do motion tables work well with set up or something else? what?

As for the first two questions, some enterprising AVSer have built their own.

A PVC pipe that fit beautifully into the cup holder, and it was attached to a board to serve as a table top.

I have also seen pillows that were made for the recliner that had a weighted "tail" of extra fabric that would drop off the back of the recliner.

I wish I could post the links, but frankly, I never saved them. I bet they are in the archives of this forum.

Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.