AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new slim PS3 CECH-2500. The brand new DS3 controller syncs with the slim PS3 by plugged it to the USB cable.

I also have older DS3 controller that came with plat BC 80GB PS3. Strange is I cannot get the older DS3 to sync with my slim PS3. I tried plugged the controller to the USB cable directly to the PS3 and register new Bluetooth devices but the old DS3 remains registered to my old plat PS3. The old DS3 controller was the earliest batch that came out after the Sixaxis controller. At the back of the controller, the model number is the same for the old and new DS3 controller.

I don't dare to try register my new DS3 controller to the old plat PS3 in case I cant get the controller to resync to the slim PS3.

Has anyone encounter this?

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfoltz
2 old dualshocks and 1 sixaxis all work fine on my new ps3. Make sure to turn on the ps3 manually and then sync the controller.
Already tried that.

I also have a 3rd party Bluetooth PS3 controller made by Rocketfish. It syncs with my slim PS3 just by plugging the USB cable just like my old plat PS3 able to sync with DS3 controller.

Have you tried to sync your controllers after updated to firmware 3.70? I wonder if there is anything to do with tighter security on the USB ports now. I only tried to sync the old DS3 after I upgraded the slim PS3 to firmware 3.70. The brand new DS3 out of the box wasn't registered to any console. So, it was easily synced with my slim PS3.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs600cubed
Try hitting the tiny reset button on the top of the controller with the tip of a pen.
Thanks. After reset using the tiny button, I got the old DS3 to sync with my slim PS3. I interchanged the Sixaxis and DS3 with other PS3s. Never had to reset the controller to be able to resync with different PS3s.

Update:

Then, I plugged the new DS3 to the old plat PS3 USB cable and immediately, it resynced to the plat PS3. No need to reset the controller.

I wonder what made the old DS3 locked to one PS3.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.