AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have an old RPTV from Pioneer (Elite PRO710HD) that only accepts component video. Now, as newer technologies come out they only carry the HDMI output for HDTV signals as opposed to the Analog component video. I am wondering if it is possible (even with all the HDCP stuff) to take an HDMI output and turn it into component video? I am open to all solutions - cables, converter boxes, receivers, etc.

If anyone has used the "Monster GameLink Component Video and Fiber Optic Digital Audio A/V Kit for PLAYSTATION® 3" (or similar product) to accomplish this, I would like to know how it turned out? (LINK: http://www.monstercable.com/productdisplay.asp?pin=4202 )

Ultimately, I would like to get a receiver that will accept all HDMI connections and output to a single HDMI port. From that single port I can convert signal into component video to input to my TV.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
16,257 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkumar /forum/post/0

Hi, I have an old RPTV from Pioneer (Elite PRO710HD) that only accepts component video. Now, as newer technologies come out they only carry the HDMI output for HDTV signals as opposed to the Analog component video.

Component output carries HD resolution, and I am not aware of any "newer" piece of equipment that does not have component as well as HDMI/DVI output capability (although many upscaling DVD players require HDMI/DVI for upscaling, you can still output 480p over component which will be upscaled by your display and look pretty similar). I am not aware of any HDMI/component device, but one might exist. Try searching Monoprice or RAM (see links at the top of the forum).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.