AVS Forum banner

861 - 880 of 1797 Posts

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #861
I see no fluctuation with my light source. I do not buy into, there being a big advantage to the image, just because it is laser. Laser just dims slower. I owned the RS4500 for a year and now own the RS3000. Would love to have a blind shootout where people try to pick the laser projector out. Use the RS3000 and the VW885. Both calibrated and brightness matched. Would need to limit the content so that you did not have fade to black or real dark content, to give away which is which. Show one and then immediately the other. I think in that type of setting it would be very hard to tell which is which.
I meant to respond to this but forgot. This is would be a factor of power supply quality and voltage regulation, as well as advances in engineering with the bulbs(p-vip). If you remember in the hdr duo review they state that theres 0 bulb flicker and excellent uniformity.

On a w1070, which has the cheapest lightest switching supply possible, I cleaned up the power with an autoformer(automatic voltage regulation), a line noise suppressing isolation transformer(140db common mode, 70db traverse mode, reduces 6kv spikes to 6mv), and a quadrapole cable(low inductance, counter ground, filters line thd as well), and it made a massive difference in the stability of the bulb as well as the dynamic dimming of the bulb, much more uniform image in blacks and whites, less flicker, and smooth pumping instead of stepping with the dimming.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #862
@tbase1 If you're using madvr, instead of using LTI or on board sharpening, as that can cause clipping/crush with dynamic black, you can do the sharpening in madvr, then the dynamic dimming will be tuned to the sharpened input.

Additionally, I think you may be able to shift the range around by setting madvr to the display is calibrated to either pure power 2.0 or 2.4 gamma. Say with the projectors gamma at 2.2. If set to 2.0 in madvr, the projector will use lower led power and make some 1-2% apl scenes higher contrast. If 2.4 it will use more led power and wont be as high of contrast, but will have brighter highlights. I think I'm describing that right...

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
@tbase1 If you're using madvr, instead of using LTI or on board sharpening, as that can cause clipping/crush with dynamic black, you can do the sharpening in madvr, then the dynamic dimming will be tuned to the sharpened input.

Additionally, I think you may be able to shift the range around by setting madvr to the display is calibrated to either pure power 2.0 or 2.4 gamma. Say with the projectors gamma at 2.2. If set to 2.0 in madvr, the projector will use lower led power and make some 1-2% apl scenes higher contrast. If 2.4 it will use more led power and wont be as high of contrast, but will have brighter highlights. I think I'm describing that right...
I thought Madvr was for HTPC'S. I'm not using a HTPC if it is.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello friends!

Maybe someone has a service manual for disassembling PD projectors f30-f35, I really need help or tips on replacing the color wheel.
Many thanks in advance to the one who will respond!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a ProjectionDesign F32 1080 and an F35 AS3D 1080.
I have high brightness and visual Sim color wheels for both (they're user changeable) .
Hello Greyimporter,

Could you please help me with a hint for replacing the color wheel on my f35 projector.
I bought a literally recently used projector with a total counter - 8000 hours.
The projector shines very brightly, even with a diagonal of 200 inches.
But unfortunately the colors are faded. Black is not deep, red, blue and green are also faded.
I suspect that I have a color wheel of increased brightness, possibly RGBCYW, and therefore the picture is faded and ugly.
I read that you repeatedly changed the color wheel yourself to f32 and f35.
Tell me, can I do it myself according to your instructions?
Is it possible somehow in the menu or in another way to determine which color wheel I have exactly?
I found on aliexpress they sell a rgbrgb wheel for f30-f32 and I hope that it can work for me. What do you think?
I thank you very much in advance for your help!
You are my last hope, because I do not know who else changed the color wheel to f32-f35.

Respectfully,
Evgeny

·
Registered
6 Posts
Friends maybe someone other than Greyimporter (maybe Greyimporter does not follow this topic) also changed the color wheel themselves on the f30-f35 projectors?
Please tell me in this thread, I am new and unfortunately can not send private messages.
Thank you very much in advance for any help!

·
867 Posts
Friends maybe someone other than Greyimporter (maybe Greyimporter does not follow this topic) also changed the color wheel themselves on the f30-f35 projectors?
Please tell me in this thread, I am new and unfortunately can not send private messages.
Thank you very much in advance for any help!
I have a pdf of the service manual for the GP3 series that includes the Projectiondesign / Barco F35. It includes instructions on dismantling, reassembling, and the power user and service menu codes. I have sent you a PM private message so you can email me so I can send you a copy of the service manual as a email attachment.

I have replaced the color wheels on one of my F30 projectors. But only like for like Vizsim for Vizsim not to a different colorwheel Graphics to Vizsim. It is very easy to do. But I would recommend you take ESD precautions, ESD wrist strap, etc. As you need to takeout a circuit board that has a lot of connectors attached to it.

Reactions: dizzydevil

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
I little pic. of my DIY lens cap for storage or safe shipping. Funny that the lens is exactly the size of a compact disc.

Attachments

Reactions: Archibald1

·
Registered
JVC RS2000,Runco Q750,Hitachi LP-WU3500,DPI M-Vision 260HB,130in 2:35.1,MadVR,Pioneer VSX-LX503
5,325 Posts
I thought Madvr was for HTPC'S. I'm not using a HTPC if it is.
MadVR is the best thing to ever happen to video if you own a projector

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
MadVR is the best thing to ever happen to video if you own a projector
I have no way to disagree, due to not using it, so I agree with your position. However, it does me no good if I'm not running a HTPC.....unless there's a way to use it without one. Please advise.

·
Registered
29,697 Posts
I have no way to disagree, due to not using it, so I agree with your position. However, it does me no good if I'm not running a HTPC.....unless there's a way to use it without one. Please advise.
There is a way, but it is expensive, $10,000 to $12,000.

·
Premium Member
4,321 Posts
How easy is MadVR to use and maintain. I know how to build a basic PC. What do I need beside a box, a MB, a specific Video card, and Windows 10?

Will it do the 4k to 1080P downscaling automatically?

·
Registered
JVC RS2000,Runco Q750,Hitachi LP-WU3500,DPI M-Vision 260HB,130in 2:35.1,MadVR,Pioneer VSX-LX503
5,325 Posts
Not too many of us want to use a PC but the results are definitely work it for the performance

·
Registered
5,325 Posts
How easy is MadVR to use and maintain. I know how to build a basic PC. What do I need beside a box, a MB, a specific Video card, and Windows 10?

You mainly need a good graphics card at around $300, then a blu ray drive at $100 to play your movies. MadVR does fantastic got downscaling from HDR 4k to HDR 2k. You will not believe how amazing HDR movies can look on MadVR. My Q750 with a darbee and MadVR could easily replace most 4k projectors for much, much less.

·
Registered
13,349 Posts

I posted a general setup guide on the software setup in this link . Once it's set up, I use it like any other media player. I rarely if ever change any settings.

The tone mapping is amazing, light years ahead of the static mapping solutions. When I first set it up I used to watch 1/2 a movie with the stats, it's fascinating to see what it's doing in real time.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
You mainly need a good graphics card at around $300, then a blu ray drive at $100 to play your movies. MadVR does fantastic got downscaling from HDR 4k to HDR 2k. You will not believe how amazing HDR movies can look on MadVR. My Q750 with a darbee and MadVR could easily replace most 4k projectors for much, much less.
Sorry for not searching your post for screen shots of your Q750i, but can you link a shot or 2 using Madvr?

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #878

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Okay.........I know I'm opening up a can of worms, but what would a basic package consist of?

Video Card =

Sound Card =

CPU =

Blu-ray Drive =

Memory =

OS/IOS Version =

Etc.......

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #880
Video Card = at a minimum a used gtx1070 for $200 on ebay

Sound Card = nope

CPU = at a minimun an i5 9400f but the lastest gen ryzens are probably a better band for their buck

motherboard = don't skimp here good a gaming board with better voltage regulation, monikers are like X470 Z580, avoid the cheaper budget boards

Blu-ray Drive = the uhd ones are more but any major brand is fine

Memory = g.skill tridentz ddr4 at least 2400mhz

OS/IOS Version = windows 10

case = removable dust filters about all that matters lol

power supply = at least 600w 80+ gold or plat cert

get some extra sata cables

I personally like the all in one water coolers and run the video cards on them as well.

861 - 880 of 1797 Posts