AVS Forum banner

881 - 900 of 1788 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,315 Posts
Sorry for not searching your post for screen shots of your Q750i, but can you link a shot or 2 using Madvr?
echo this. Is there a tutorial that shows the step by step setup of MadVR and then normal operation. Puzzling to me is how you go about tone mapping for a br disc movie. Do you have to do it for each individual movie?

·
Registered
13,349 Posts
echo this. Is there a tutorial that shows the step by step setup of MadVR and then normal operation. Puzzling to me is how you go about tone mapping for a br disc movie. Do you have to do it for each individual movie?
hi, you missed my post above, I provided this information here:

general MadVR setup guide in this link

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #885
Main PC:

Work PC + NAS:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #886
I have no way to disagree, due to not using it, so I agree with your position. However, it does me no good if I'm not running a HTPC.....unless there's a way to use it without one. Please advise.
The main draw is the dynamic tone mapping for hdr. Additionally madvr does all its processing in 16bit(vs 8bit or 10bit).

The sharpening things i was talking about were just random thoughts though, you could do those with other video processors like the darbees

You should be able to set it and forget it, but you also have the option to setup profiles and assign them to hotkeys for on the fly switching, say you want to use extra sharpening, or frame interpolation/blending, etc.

Id be happy to go over the various settings if you still have questions after the guides.

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
The main draw is the dynamic tone mapping for hdr. Additionally madvr does all its processing in 16bit(vs 8bit or 10bit).

The sharpening things i was talking about were just random thoughts though, you could do those with other video processors like the darbees

You should be able to set it and forget it, but you also have the option to setup profiles and assign them to hotkeys for on the fly switching, say you want to use extra sharpening, or frame interpolation/blending, etc.

Id be happy to go over the various settings if you still have questions after the guides.
Would the remote to play the movies be a wireless keyboard?

·
Registered
JVC RS2000,Runco Q750,Hitachi LP-WU3500,DPI M-Vision 260HB,130in 2:35.1,MadVR,Pioneer VSX-LX503
5,325 Posts
Sorry for not searching your post for screen shots of your Q750i, but can you link a shot or 2 using Madvr?
Sorry, I have not taken any pics or screenshots. My cellphone won't do it justice anyways. The video enhancements are the best as well. Whether you're watching 4k HDR or a blu ray disc, its the best performance you can have. I'm also using a JVC RS2000/N7 and the Q750 holds it's own because of how much it benefits from MadVR. For me, it's a very inexpensive purchase. People pay $400-600 for blu ray players and you can build an acceptable MadVR for $600. Also, it's the best way to stay current watching 4k HDR on these older projectors

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #890
Reactions: Aztar35

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #891

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #892

·
Premium Member
4,315 Posts
I noticed that the panel was 1920x1200. Does this mean that the top and bottom will have the grey bands that caused such a problem with the first generation 4K pixel shifters? This issue is present also in all these laser commercial projectors that are coming out now and even covered here just a few posts above: https://www.projectorcentral.com/expo2020/panasonic.htm#PT-LRZ35

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #894
I noticed that the panel was 1920x1200. Does this mean that the top and bottom will have the grey bands that caused such a problem with the first generation 4K pixel shifters? This issue is present also in all these laser commercial projectors that are coming out now and even covered here just a few posts above: https://www.projectorcentral.com/expo2020/panasonic.htm#PT-LRZ35
Ya if you feed it 1920x1080 youll have 200 black pixels above or below. At 2000:1 contrast it wont be as bright grey as the 500:1 4k shifters, but it would need to be absorbed by some velvet.

That thing is a monster though, 800w max power consumption at 3000 btu/hr and 40db operating noise. Specs say up to 8k lumens which i dont know if it would quite hit that but with both lamps on high power it could be close.

If it had full hd 3d it would be something i would consider.

Maybe for some ambient light viewing with a black low gain screen. One bulb on eco says 32db so heat and power are probably more acceptable. Just a cool thing to see for sale at that price though.

·
Premium Member
4,315 Posts
Ya if you feed it 1920x1080 youll have 200 black pixels above or below. At 2000:1 contrast it wont be as bright grey as the 500:1 4k shifters, but it would need to be absorbed by some velvet.

That thing is a monster though, 800w max power consumption at 3000 btu/hr and 40db operating noise. Specs say up to 8k lumens which i dont know if it would quite hit that but with both lamps on high power it could be close.

Maybe for some ambient light viewing with a black low gain screen. One bulb on eco says 32db so heat and power are probably more acceptable. Just a cool thing to see for sale at that price though.
There are a lot of Barco's out there.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #896

·
Registered
29,688 Posts

It is a combo unit, projector and furnace. :) If it did not weigh a ton, would make a good outdoor projector.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was on the lookout for a SIM2 Mico 150 but that one's still (relatively) expensive in the used market - DC4 0.95 LED goodness though and way cheaper than when it first came out. I don't however know how it compares to the Mico 50/60s. Seem very similar, maybe updated boards/HDMIs?

·
Registered
29,688 Posts
Has anyone explored loading/ repurposing to get nVidia Shield or similar device to work with MadVR? also does only work with Disks or streaming content like netflix etc as well?
You will never ever get HDMI certification on a computer. That is why MadVR is building the Envy.

881 - 900 of 1788 Posts