Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,

I've been researching the $500-up speaker areas, planning on adding some new front speakers and a sub, and am interested in all the popular brands, like axiom, ascend, alegria, paradigm and apologies to any others omitted; when doing an ebay search, though, I found for local pickup only, a phase tech complete set: 7t towers, octave 12 sub, T center and some dipole-bipole surrounds from about 1997, and I can probably get the whole bunch for 500 bucks. now I've read the long post on phase techs, but there is almost no info available on these older models online and was wondering if anyone had experiences, good or bad. I was originally going to get some smaller mains from group mentioned above supplemented by a entry-level decent sub, like hsu, svs or something (90% music, 10 for HT). any thoughts as to whether I should jump on this deal or just put the same money into the new speakers and a new sub, as planned, and use some of my older speakers for surround (I've got a few pairs of decent ones, and not terribly concerned about the voice-matching..) thanks. any info on the phase tech's --other than from the older post, would be appreciated. oh and it is not clear what line of products these came from; they have the T for the towers and center, but no such designation for the surrounds. very little info out there. thanks again

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
For $500, that's a decent setup. I had the 5Ts for some time and still use the surrounds in my HT setup. However, I was able to upgrade significantly although for more money ($1,500 range) to Martin Logan Montage with a Fresco center. I personally would upgrade (and I did) as it was significantly better to the point it wasn't a question.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.