AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 6 1/2 year old 16x9 wide-screen TV has just started acting up intermittently when displaying S-Video input. What happens is that the colors are not in the same place on the screen, i.e. the red or green might be shifted five or more inches to the right / left.

There are two S-Video input jacks, and both exhibit the same symptom. It also does not matter what is feeding the set, it happens with my receiver or my DVD player or my Replay TV. It also is not the cables as they have been swapped, and if you put an S-Video to RCA converter on the same cable the picture is fine.

I'm guessing its some circuitry board shared in common between the two S-Video inputs.

Has anyone seen something similar to this? Any thoughts?

Charlie

·
AVS Forum Special Member
11,139 Posts
Nearest I've come (periodically) with my CRT-based RPTV is a similar gross misconvergence when switching selection modes, or perhaps electrical glitches, puts my Philips in a "PC" mode instead of "HD" mode for YPbPr inputs. It's corrected just by going back to HD mode. Perhaps some format/mode switching is happening while in S-video. I'd make sure all the selector settings are correct, go into convergence and align the reg, green, blue CRTs, then hope they're stable. If not, suspect you're right about a failing circuit component. -- John

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.