AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an older pioneer elite vsx-54tx receiver that I have had for about 7 years. It has worked pretty much flawlessly until a couple of days ago it quit receiving remote control commands. I've tried resetting my harmony one remote and updating it, I have also tried the remote for the receiver itself with brand new batteries and I get no response. Anyone have this problem and find a workaround, other than a new receiver? Any insights would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
You can probably order a new remote from Pioneer.

Before you do that - try this.

Had similar problem yesterday. My remote for my old DVD player stopped working. Took it apart and found that at some time a battery had leaked. This caused rusting / corrosion of the contact pin in the remote. Sanded the contact and it is back working fine. Really not much of anything that can go wrong with a remote.

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
Since both remotes will not work, it would seem to be a defective Infra-Red receiver circuit in the receiver itself.

This can be repaired by a competent technician.

Have you tried unplugging the receiver from the power source for 10 minutes and then reconnecting it?

Sometimes rebooting can make things work again.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, tried multiple remotes to no avail. I did try to unplug it, but I didn't do it for ten minutes so I will try that first. Not sure if it's gonna be worth repairing, or going to have to look for a new receiver😡

1 - 5 of 5 Posts