AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to extend an HDMI signal to about 90 feet to reach my main TV (an older Hitachi Plasma). I purchased an HDMI over Coax extender and it works great with my bedroom TV (a newer LCD) but I get no picture and no sound on my older (2006) Hitachi Plasma. I tested it with yet a 3rd new LCD and it worked great... so I have narrowed it down to my plasma. I tried connecting my source directly to the plasma and it works fine... but when I throw the Coax extender into the mix... nothing. Does the old HDMI (2006 and earlier) have disadvantages? Could it be that my plasma is 720P?

·
Registered
663 Posts
Virtually no chance your 2006 Plasma is anything other than 720p. Can you set your source to that resolution and test that?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you think that the difference in resolution would cause it to just not work? I will poke around in the menus of my new BD player (Samsung F7500) to see if I can change the output resolution.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just thought of something... when I plug the BD player directly into the old plasma... it works fine. It is only when I use the extender. The extender, however, works fine with my newer TVs.

·
Registered
871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangtexas  /t/1526798/older-plasma-not-working-with-hdmi-extender#post_24594012

Do you think that the difference in resolution would cause it to just not work? I will poke around in the menus of my new BD player (Samsung F7500) to see if I can change the output resolution.

Yes, your tv , or your baluns are not sending the proper EDID signal to your blu-ray telling it what it will accept as resolutions, try setting the Blu-ray to 720 before hooking it up to the TV with the blauns

1 - 5 of 5 Posts