AVS Forum banner

5881 - 5900 of 9541 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,881
I’ve never noticed small squares. Any chance you can take a pic?

·
Premium Member
3,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,883
Dont think they will show on picture. They are just barely visible irl. And only just after a cycle.
Ah OK so they fade away. Maybe I haven't seen it yet after a cycle.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Noticed something new today. After a comp cycle It looks like the screen is divided in to small squares or how to describe it. ..........
You mean like 4x4 inch tiles if you will, with borders?... almost like theres a picture window behind you with the grates (or whatever they are called) that is reflecting on to the screen???

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hi again!

Just wanted to show you what my Oled tv does in its comp cycles. Its first getting better and better every cycle and then its all destroyed after a few cycles and we are back where it started. Im not watching slides all the time I notice it because I can see the big band on the right on the youtube grey starting screen, then I know that that ****ing thing is back again. You can also see my horizontal band at the bottom.

Theese oleds.....................

First picture is when its getting better and the second one is when the bands are back on the right. The pictures are bright just to show it properly.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,197 Posts
Vincent's Sony AF9/A9F unboxing video

shows at 14:12 very clearly Sony's stern warning on the refresh screen

"Use Pixel refresh once a year or less to avoid straining your TV screen"

Very interesting!

·
Registered
6,009 Posts
^until the actual panel maker advices and removes the option of doing so, I see no reason not to use it a few times if needed...and theirs no evidence whatsoever that it causes the panel to age faster.

·
Registered
9,197 Posts
^until the actual panel maker advices and removes the option of doing so, I see no reason not to use it a few times if needed...and theirs no evidence whatsoever that it causes the panel to age faster.
Vincent has a few things to say on the subject too.

·
Registered
6,009 Posts
I appreciate his reviews, but hes not the end all be all. Until we have some form of evidence or LG blatantly states it then theirs nothing wrong with using it...and all he said I wouldn't advice using it, he didnt mention any number within a year.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I appreciate his reviews, but hes not the end all be all. Until we have some form of evidence or LG blatantly states it then theirs nothing wrong with using it...and all he said I wouldn't advice using it, he didnt mention any number within a year.
And do you know for certain that the compensation method employed by Sony is identical to LG?

·
Registered
6,009 Posts
^I dont know what the Sony is doing and not pretending to know that's why I mentioned LG, but a lot of folks assume that because it's in the Sony manual it effects other brands. Again LG doesnt include any warning and it's very simple to get to that menu to access it. My advice is if your afraid your panel is gonna age faster by running it then dont, but their has been nothing on these forums that prove it to be harmful.

·
Premium Member
3,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,894
Vincent's Sony AF9/A9F unboxing video

shows at 14:12 very clearly Sony's stern warning on the refresh screen

"Use Pixel refresh once a year or less to avoid straining your TV screen"

Very interesting!
Same on the A1E. It would really be awesome to know if Sony is doing something different than LG.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I picked up a 55in C8 back on 08-03-18 and have never been able to get the picture to look even close to my dad's C7 from last year (main reason why i bought one) or the 55in edge lit sony that it replaced. I've been playing with the picture settings for weeks now to no avail and finally started looking at possible panel issues as the cause. I'm attaching pictures from my tv viewing from the other night when I was watching directv where it showed scenes with a lot of black in them (or what should be displayed as a black, such as a downtown shot of a city at night).

I've contacted Lg to initiate a warranty claim but am in the very beginning stages of the process. I'm hoping somebody here can help guide me on where to begin as far as tests go to really see how crappy the panel is (or do the pics that i've taken already taken confirm it?). The reason why I have an issue with this tv is that directv hd looks like complete crap (blurry, blooming everywhere, horrible black levels with unnecessary illumination) and 4k and dolby streaming content don't look much different or better than standard hd content.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
I picked up a 55in C8 back on 08-03-18 and have never been able to get the picture to look even close to my dad's C7 from last year (main reason why i bought one) or the 55in edge lit sony that it replaced. I've been playing with the picture settings for weeks now to no avail and finally started looking at possible panel issues as the cause. I'm attaching pictures from my tv viewing from the other night when I was watching directv where it showed scenes with a lot of black in them (or what should be displayed as a black, such as a downtown shot of a city at night).

I've contacted Lg to initiate a warranty claim but am in the very beginning stages of the process. I'm hoping somebody here can help guide me on where to begin as far as tests go to really see how crappy the panel is (or do the pics that i've taken already taken confirm it?). The reason why I have an issue with this tv is that directv hd looks like complete crap (blurry, blooming everywhere, horrible black levels with unnecessary illumination) and 4k and dolby streaming content don't look much different or better than standard hd content.

And I thought I had a bad one with something that looked like a cheap LCD TV. Something is wrong with at least the C8s this year. Even if my wasn't so bad as yours, there was something strange with the overall picture quality with the C8 I had. The picture quality I had with my C8 wasn't as good as the B7, I wasn't blown away with the C8 as I was with my B7, and I'm so glad that I got rid of the C8 that was a piece of crap.

What you have there is just unacceptable, wtf have LG done this year?

·
Registered
6,009 Posts
^actually uniformity has been very much improved over last year at least imo, I own both a 65C7 and a 65C8 and will tell you that my C7 had the two jailbars that were very distracting. In addition while the C8 is not a revolutionary advancement, their is an improvement in both HDR/DV...and tone mapping is much more refined as opposed to last year. I own a few brands of TVs and ALL are not without their faults, its unfortunate what you experienced, but that could happen with any other brand or else these threads would be very very boring.

Reactions: mrtickleuk
5881 - 5900 of 9541 Posts