AVS Forum banner

8381 - 8400 of 9528 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Retailers stocked up on fresh C9 inventory (55's and 65's...) with a production date of January '20. A friend grabbed a 65" and the uniformity straight out-of-box equaled that of the best 55" I've seen in the wild and equal to that I own.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Retailers stocked up on fresh C9 inventory (55's and 65's...) with a production date of January '20. A friend grabbed a 65" and the uniformity straight out-of-box equaled that of the best 55" I've seen in the wild and equal to that I own.
Well, the third and final attempt I made at owning an acceptable 65" C9 had a production date of February, and it was the worst screen of the three.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Well, the third and final attempt I made at owning an acceptable 65" C9 had a production date of February, and it was the worst screen of the three.
oh lord LOL. I just got a 77 inch C9 with production date of 1/2020. I'm just breaking it in, so far it's got 48 hours with 12 auto compensation cycles. uniformity in my opinion is a little worse than my 65 inch which in itself is pretty good (hardly see it in content) Hopefully with a couple more comp cycles it will be on par with my 65 inch. I love the extra screen size and a little annoyed that I missed out on the 3% cash back with Rakuten, only got 1%. I did contact them and basically they can't do anything. Would love to see some pics of the CX's 5% slides.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
oh lord LOL. I just got a 77 inch C9 with production date of 1/2020. I'm just breaking it in, so far it's got 48 hours with 12 auto compensation cycles. uniformity in my opinion is a little worse than my 65 inch which in itself is pretty good (hardly see it in content) Hopefully with a couple more comp cycles it will be on par with my 65 inch.
I don't think it will much change after that many hours and auto compensation cycles. Mine changed the most during first couple auto compensation cycles and has been the same to current about 250 hours. I don't know exact auto comp. cycle count at the moment but I haven't kept it running over 4 hours at the time for many times so at least 50 auto comp cycles by now.

Mine is also 1/2020 production date but I don't think that has anything to do with the panel quality, it is pure lottery if you manage to get one of the decent ones or end up with usual bad ones. I got one of the latter ones, as usual (I never won anything in the lottery).

·
Registered
6 Posts
I tried to use the warranty for my 1-month-old 65 C9. It has magenta tint on the left and (less) on the right side of the screen, which are pretty obvious. The service center told me that my issue was escalated to the LG office in Korea. I got a negative response after a week - this is normal behavior for oleds. They sent me this note, which looks like it is copied from some kind of service manual as I did not find it in the official manual. Pity... Likely last LG (oled) for me. We have buyer's right protection agency in our country, which helps to resolve these kinds of problems, but given this response and document, I am afraid even they won't be able to help to force LG for repair/replacement.
So, to follow up on my terrible magenta tinting. Initially, I sent my tv to the local service center. They contacted LG service, and LG refused to acknowledge the problem. Next, I contacted LG directly, they asked for the additional pictures and videos, which I provided. This time they acknowledged the problem and told me that I can get a new tv or money back. I decided to go for the new tv as getting the money back would take up two weeks to process and given the lockdown, I do not want to spend 2 weeks without tv :) (in fact I lost about 350 euro, as C9 is now cheaper than the price I paid for it).

The new set is like night and day - almost perfectly uniform screen with just a little bit of bluish tint on the right side which is unnoticeable on the normal content and very hardly noticeable on pure white slides. Grey uniformity is also good and improved much since the first usage, I have one lightbar which is hardly noticeable under the normal usage and I hope it will still improve. I think I won the panel lottery now :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone,

i need your feedback for my 77a9g.
75 hours ,User mode, 25% brightness, 85% contrast, RAW Mode

what do you think ? is the banding ok?Hiw does it look with the illumination?

Thank you for your Feedback

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
So, to follow up on my terrible magenta tinting. Initially, I sent my tv to the local service center. They contacted LG service, and LG refused to acknowledge the problem. Next, I contacted LG directly, they asked for the additional pictures and videos, which I provided. This time they acknowledged the problem and told me that I can get a new tv or money back. I decided to go for the new tv as getting the money back would take up two weeks to process and given the lockdown, I do not want to spend 2 weeks without tv :) (in fact I lost about 350 euro, as C9 is now cheaper than the price I paid for it).

The new set is like night and day - almost perfectly uniform screen with just a little bit of bluish tint on the right side which is unnoticeable on the normal content and very hardly noticeable on pure white slides. Grey uniformity is also good and improved much since the first usage, I have one lightbar which is hardly noticeable under the normal usage and I hope it will still improve. I think I won the panel lottery now :)
Congrats on the getting LG to stand behind their product even with your previous panel looking pretty normal in terms of the degree of tinting and the location of the actual tint zones.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Now i hope you can open it
You need to compress your pictures first before attaching. Still can't open them. Looks like there's some unevenness but probably need more than 75hrs for a final determination.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You need to compress your pictures first before attaching. Still can't open them. Looks like there's some unevenness but probably need more than 75hrs for a final determination.

Okay I did it....thats my last try. Thank you :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,393
A call to any CX (or any other 2020 models owners) to post some pics that hopefully show the lack of tinting and vertical banding. :)

·
Registered
316 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,395
I’m following them. I want to see a number of examples posted here and owner experiences.

Reactions: Cam1977

·
Registered
5,996 Posts
^hopefully this is a good trend so that you and video/analysis can finally upgrade!

Reactions: VidPro

·
Premium Member
3,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,397
^hopefully this is a good trend so that you and video/analysis can finally upgrade!
Thanks! And what would an upgrade be without going bigger too? :D

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
I think corona has successfully killed 3D, but I still have some incoming. 88" would be the only natural upgrade for me (if I get another 77", I don't intend to pay for it. LG and/or MackCam need to come through).

·
Premium Member
3,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,400
I can’t believe I thought my 50” Pioneer was big. When I got the 65 it was a wow moment for about a month. Now I know I need a 77” next.

8381 - 8400 of 9528 Posts