8521 - 8540 of 9494 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi
first time on the forum, lots of great info here
Just looking for some advice from others with OLED experience
I have a 65in W7 wallpaper.
Had it for a year but hardly used it approx. 75 hours on it. I do see some banding on 100% white screen, grey looks pretty good.
I cant see it in normal content unless screen is white like in the pic attached.
Given that the grey uniformity is really good should I just ignore? that's not too much full white screen content. Funny's think is if i look from a 45 deg angle the banding nearly is not visible. Tried both angles.[/QUOTE

Hi. W7, thats cool 🙂! You should use the first 5% banding test video from the opening post. The video you used is brighter and doesn’t show it as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi
Had it for a year but hardly used it approx. 75 hours on it. I do see some banding on 100% white screen, grey looks pretty good.
I cant see it in normal content unless screen is white like in the pic attached.
Given that the grey uniformity is really good should I just ignore? that's not too much full white screen content. Funny's think is if i look from a 45 deg angle the banding nearly is not visible. Tried both angles.[/QUOTE

Hi. W7, thats cool 🙂! You should use the first 5% banding test video from the opening post. The video you used is brighter and doesn’t show it as well.
oh I see what you mean. I need to take the photo in a couple of hours its too bright atm. Looks pretty good on 5% grey I was more concerned about the white uniformity (like in the pics attached earlier) but I think its fairly typical to oled.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi

added the 5% photos.
looks ok to me.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
oh I see what you mean. I need to take the photo in a couple of hours its too bright atm. Looks pretty good on 5% grey I was more concerned about the white uniformity (like in the pics attached earlier) but I think its fairly typical to oled.
It looks green/reddish across the panel. If it is evenly distributed it doesn't bother me as much. Do you see it in content alot?

·
Registered
92 Posts
C9 65 Issues

Hi Guys,

I am really glad across this forum and thread because its helping with assessing the issues that I am experiencing with my 65 inch LG C9 and I am hoping hoping if members could offer some on the quality of my panel. I have also posted the same on another known forum but would be great if I could get some feedback here too.

It seems that my panel seems to have some sort of light bleed around the left, right side and the bottom of the screen. This is only visible when watching
scenes near black and or on low grey areas. When a a full black screen is displayed it can not be seen. It is also not visible on daylight scenes or when brightly lit, however when watching movies its visible and I find myself continually focusing my view on the left and right sides of the screen assessing the difference which is annoying.

I have also been trying to play with lots of settings and the only thing that seems to lessen the effect is if I reduce
The brightness setting to around 47. If I reduce to around 45 it get rids of it completely but this darkens the image too much and crushes all of the black detail.

Is this something usual with OLEDs or is this a defective panel. I purchased from Richer Sounds and not sure if this is something I should live with or push for a replacement.

I have included some 5%-20% greyscale images, along with some images demonstrating the problem on some actual content.

In my personal opinion I have a few things going on:

- Panel Uniformity - I am not sure if the panel uniformity is bad, it doesnt look great but is this something which considered to be average?
- Reverse vignetting. I seem to have a prominent glow on the corners and around some the edges of my panel.
- I also seem to be experiencing from some tinting too, I seem to have a blue tint on the left (1.5 in width) of the screen and a yellow tint on the the right side of the set. This is subtle and a little more difficult to illustrate on pictures.

What do you think guys, does this warrant a replacement.

All feedback would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,528
No, started with later builds of the 2019. IMO, the vignetting is minor and a better trade off compared to other low end anomalies.
Ok good to know and another thing to keep on my radar. I look forward to the day I have another display I want calibrated by you.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hi Guys,

I am really glad across this forum and thread because its helping with assessing the issues that I am experiencing with my 65 inch LG C9 and I am hoping hoping if members could offer some on the quality of my panel. I have also posted the same on another known forum but would be great if I could get some feedback here too.

It seems that my panel seems to have some sort of light bleed around the left, right side and the bottom of the screen. This is only visible when watching
scenes near black and or on low grey areas. When a a full black screen is displayed it can not be seen. It is also not visible on daylight scenes or when brightly lit, however when watching movies its visible and I find myself continually focusing my view on the left and right sides of the screen assessing the difference which is annoying.

I have also been trying to play with lots of settings and the only thing that seems to lessen the effect is if I reduce
The brightness setting to around 47. If I reduce to around 45 it get rids of it completely but this darkens the image too much and crushes all of the black detail.

Is this something usual with OLEDs or is this a defective panel. I purchased from Richer Sounds and not sure if this is something I should live with or push for a replacement.

I have included some 5%-20% greyscale images, along with some images demonstrating the problem on some actual content.

In my personal opinion I have a few things going on:

- Panel Uniformity - I am not sure if the panel uniformity is bad, it doesnt look great but is this something which considered to be average?
- Reverse vignetting. I seem to have a prominent glow on the corners and around some the edges of my panel.
- I also seem to be experiencing from some tinting too, I seem to have a blue tint on the left (1.5 in width) of the screen and a yellow tint on the the right side of the set. This is subtle and a little more difficult to illustrate on pictures.

What do you think guys, does this warrant a replacement.

All feedback would be appreciated and thanks in advance.
Seems like a bad panel. Are these images taken with the recommended settings on the first page? Also, how many hours of usage?

·
Registered
8 Posts
LG 65E7.....during the last two months I owned the TV I noticed some banding in content, so I checked the panel with color slides and OH BOY.....you can clearly see a thick darker band on the right side of the tv, this is clearly visible on every color slide (I checked red, blue, magenta, yellow and green). Fortunately the TV is still under warranty, do you think LG will recognize the issue and replace the panel? TV It is not always visible on content but it is EXTREMELY annoying in videogames or Anime
This panel is a ****ing mess
I owned it for two years, tinting is okay, 5% grey is very very bad, and now this dark band visible even in bright scenes

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Seems like a bad panel. Are these images taken with the recommended settings on the first page? Also, how many hours of usage?
Yep, ISF Dark mode, OLED light 35, Brightness 50 (changed to 47 to show the light bleed effect reducing), Gamma BT.1886. Apologies for the poor quality pictures, they were taken on my phone. I could only guess with regards to the total amount of hours used, but the set has had a more than a few hours usage for about a month.

I just got off the phone to Richer Sounds and they are happy for me to exchange it even though I am over the 30 day exchange period which is good of them. I hope I have better look with the next one.

·
Registered
120 Posts
More than a few hours usage every day, for over a month I mean. I would say it clocked up easily over a 100 hours.
Ah! Alright. Good luck with the exchange. Really doubt if it would have improved if you had already crossed 100 hours. My replacement panel isn't clean either, but there are no prominent bands as such that come up in content, so I'm content. lol

·
Registered
120 Posts
LG 65E7.....during the last two months I owned the TV I noticed some banding in content, so I checked the panel with color slides and OH BOY.....you can clearly see a thick darker band on the right side of the tv, this is clearly visible on every color slide (I checked red, blue, magenta, yellow and green). Fortunately the TV is still under warranty, do you think LG will recognize the issue and replace the panel? TV It is not always visible on content but it is EXTREMELY annoying in videogames or Anime
This panel is a ****ing mess
I owned it for two years, tinting is okay, 5% grey is very very bad, and now this dark band visible even in bright scenes
Tweet to LG. They'll replace your panel. It's worthy of being replaced.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Looks pretty good. I would just say that a 100% white screen in no way is the singular definitive test for tinting issues.

If you haven't, check a full Orange and a full Yellow screen to confirm no issues with tinting, especially on the left side. My 100% white looks perfect, but put on a yellow screen and you immediately see it biased towards orange on the left and right edges. In use this shows up in tan background content such as office interior walls, desert backgrounds etc. (and not in a good way).
Here are orange and yellow. For me looks fine. Don't know why on camera yellow looks greenish.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello dear enthusiasts,

I have a LG 65B8S TV since October 2019, my use is 5 to 6 hours per day spread over 60% Netflix / 30% PS4 / 10% TV box.
But I encounter a phenomenon of marking, in my opinion, which is especially visible on a gray background or in the plain backgrounds of series and films, which is very unpleasant.

I specify that I always put the TV on standby and I also made a manual refresh of the pixels.

Below a photo on a gray background with a distressing marking.

Thanks for your feedback.

Attachments

·
Registered
992 Posts
Hello dear enthusiasts,

I have a LG 65B8S TV since October 2019, my use is 5 to 6 hours per day spread over 60% Netflix / 30% PS4 / 10% TV box.
But I encounter a phenomenon of marking, in my opinion, which is especially visible on a gray background or in the plain backgrounds of series and films, which is very unpleasant.

I specify that I always put the TV on standby and I also made a manual refresh of the pixels.

Below a photo on a gray background with a distressing marking.

Thanks for your feedback.
That's bad and if you're talking of that orb-like spot that won't go away with comp cycles. You need to have the panel replaced, this level of quality control would be unacceptable to me.

Reactions: Video Auteur

·
Registered
4 Posts
That's bad and if you're talking of that orb-like spot that won't go away with comp cycles. You need to have the panel replaced, this level of quality control would be unacceptable to me.

I agree with you.
I will first contact my dealer before LG. Is this the right choice or is it better to contact LG directly?
Thanks.

8521 - 8540 of 9494 Posts