AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not sure if i have this in the right thread...if not, i apologize.

I just purchased a Olevia 32" HDTV this evening and i am having problems getting ota channels to come up. I only have the standard cable channels (no digital box) with comcast cable. I hooked the tv up and did the auto scan. It found 78 analog channels and found several digital channels. I could only get 2 hd digital channels to come up. So I went out and bought a indoor HD antenna and a gold coax combiner which is suppose to allow a uhf and vhf connection to one tv set. When i hook it all up together, i get nothing (no analog and no digital). If I hook up the OTA HD antenna, I get several HD channels but no analog. Problem is I can't get it all to work together, only seperately. Any suggestions??

·
Registered
57 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones /forum/post/0

not sure if i have this in the right thread...if not, i apologize.

I just purchased a Olevia 32" HDTV this evening and i am having problems getting ota channels to come up. I only have the standard cable channels (no digital box) with comcast cable. I hooked the tv up and did the auto scan. It found 78 analog channels and found several digital channels. I could only get 2 hd digital channels to come up. So I went out and bought a indoor HD antenna and a gold coax combiner which is suppose to allow a uhf and vhf connection to one tv set. When i hook it all up together, i get nothing (no analog and no digital). If I hook up the OTA HD antenna, I get several HD channels but no analog. Problem is I can't get it all to work together, only seperately. Any suggestions??

try here

·
Banned
2,969 Posts
It would seem to me you need an A,B switcher like what Radio Shack sells. You would hook your cable and HD antenna into it with 1 cable going to the RF port on the TV then when you want cable or OTA you would just select either A or B

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.