AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.

I've been reading a lot here on these forums about LCD HDTV's and have decided that for my price range, these 3 models best suit my criteria.

The Olevia and Sceptre are the same price ($600). The Vizio is about $100 more.

I will be using this for mainly playing my Xbox 360. But it will also be for TV and watching DVD's. I'll probably get the HD-DVD add-on player for the 360 sooner or later.

So my question is in your opinion, which is the best set and why? I'll probably be purchasing the set within the week.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the 232v and I love it. It may not be the best thing out there, But I have been very happy so far. If there is something I don't like about it, its the slow source changing and channel changing, though I know other brands do this also. The remote also seems weak (you have to aim it right at the set). I'm told a third party remote will work better, though I haven't tried this. Sound is pretty good but not great, though much better then the old Sony it replaced.

I searched for a few months before Christmas, originally looing for a CRT HDTV. I decided my back couldn't handle it. I also found that you can search this forum forever for the perfect set and you won't find it. When searching the forums for advice on a set, look at the whole picture (no pun intended, well, maybe a little), not just the occational disipointed consumer (or happy customer).

The bottom line for me; it looks significantly better then my old trinitron and has twice the viewing area, sounds better, gets three times the channels due to digital reception (I only use an antenna), and it looks nice. I also get at least 6 HD channels including CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX, and a few public.

Hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.