AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Let me first say I usually don't like to create threads, on questions that have been answered 100 times over. But I have been searching the forum like crazy the past day and can't find any threads on Olevia 327-S12.

The reason I ask is I purchased one yesterday only to get it home and find that it has no built in tuner. Which personally I think is kind of ridiculous for a 21st century TV. A simple problem to but very hard to answer, at least for me anyway.

To get cable I need a Top-Set box. I contacted my cable company and they wanted $18 a month to rent one. So can I purchase a third party cable box? I have tried google but all it comes up with is cable descramblers. If you can help me please get in touch! Thanks in advance for any help

-Ethan

·
Registered
68 Posts
What cable company do you have? Time Warner here in Cincinnati only charges $7.95/mo for a digital box and remote. Are you sure the price you quoted doesn't reflect that you will be going from analog to digital cable? The analog cable service won't likely be around much longer in many markets because digital cable can move four digital SDTV channels over the same frequency bandwidth that holds one analog channel. Oh, TW here doesn't distinguish between an non-HD and an HD box. They both have the same rental and you can swap them with a self install for free.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Why dont you take the TV back?

I bought a 323V yesterday from CC with a built in HDTV tuner in it.. So far its working pretty good without a set top box. I even get HD channels with the coaxil cable staight from the wall..

CC has a sale going on with this TV this week..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.