AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my cabel company gave me a new box and my tv and my cable box dont like each other i think that getting new firmware would help. the cable box is saying the dvi/hdmi output is blocked.

i have an olevia 327-s11 and a cisco rng200n

can anyone help? or know where i can get help

·
Registered
21,835 Posts
Start with your cableco.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts

Quote:
the cable box is saying the dvi/hdmi output is blocked.

That would indicate a problem with the cable box, not the tv. If you do want to update the tv's firmware, you will have to call Olevia, and I'm almost positive they don't even offer updates.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i fixed it but there i still an issue with the connection. i highly think that a firmware update would help is there any other way to get firmware without having to call them?

·
Registered
21,835 Posts
I think Olevia (Syntax/Brillian) went out of business a few years ago, so won't be able to contact them or download firmware.

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
Since the TV is about 5 years old it is possible that it does not support HDCP for HDMI. And id this is the case I doubt that a firmware update would add that feature. I suggest that you try using a conponent interface if both the TV and the PC have one.

Why did the cable company give you a new STB? Can you possibly get them to give you the old model back?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts