AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Olevia HDTV with a built in digital tuner, when I got it, I was able to get some local HD channels, when I reciently went to the HD channels I had , I was unable to view them (blank screen and no sound with a "No Picture" message), I had this problem with all HD and digital channels, I first thought the problem was with my cable company (Time Warner Cable), but I have a friend who also has TWC (same district) and he is still able to get the HD channels through his VISIO televsion using his internal tuner, I rescanned the channels to see if that would help, but now I lost the HD channels altogether (says "Channel Not Available"), I can get all the analog channels just fine, but I can't get any of the HD channels, and all the HD compatible channels I do get are not synced with my cable company, has anybody ever had problems with Olevia televisions? Is there a way to reset the tuner to get my HD channels back?

I tried going to the Olevia website, but I lost my manual so I can't get model numbers and that is the only way to request help on their site

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have 3 Olevia lcd 2x 37" and a 42" without any problems, sorry to hear but it must be 1 of a kind. Try diffrent cable connectors.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've already posted this in the 537H forum, but I am experiencing the same problem with my TV. The other plasma tv in the living room is picking up all the channels but not with my Olevia. Were you able to get this issue resolved? I don't think the line is the problem, since the signal is split at the entry point of the house.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Posted this in the 537 thread also.

I had a problem with signal strength due to cheap cable. Replaced it with RG-6 quad shielded. Replaced the 30' RG-59 with a 100' RG-6 and it works perfectly now. Bought a 100' length so tried it before it cut it down to size.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I HEAR YOU ! WE received an Olevia HDTV several months ago from a firm closing their doors due to the economy. The unit did not have speakers or least there was no audio on any channels when we plugged it in. WE bought speakers and hooked them up. One problem is we cannot get or have ever been able to program digital channels in our TV. The TV will not auto search any channels. We can only receive our satellite channels through the unit. One other very very annoying thing is every time we get off the couch across the room or move across the floor in front of the unit, we lose the audio and we can only get the audio back after turning the unit off and then on again. Electro-static; magnetic whatever is causing this is perplexing. Turning the TV off and on again a dozen times in a day is getting old and we can not get any answers from technicians who have dealt with these TVs. Matter of fact, they emailed me to go to this forum

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For those of you who are wondering and still viewing this thread I have made many years ago, my problem was Time Warner's fault after all

First, it just so happens that my friend that still had the channels were right on the district line and while their lineup was similar, their PSIP listings were different

Time Warner removed the channels for a bit to remap them to a different PSIP channel so they could scam us into getting an HD DVR or HD STB by saying "you can't get HD channels (even locals) unless you order an HD DVR/STB with Digital/HD service", so instead of the proper PSIP lineup of the following...
Quote:
-NBC-WCMH (4) 4.1

-CBS-WBNS (10) 10.1

-ABC-WSYX (6) 6.1

-FOX-WTTE (28) 28.1

-PBS-WOSU (34) 34.1

It ended up being the following

Quote:
NBC-WCMH (4) 90.1

CBS-WBNS (10) (somewhere in the 70's or 80's PSIP)

ABC-WSYX (6) (somewhere in the 70's or 80's PSIP)

FOX-WTTE (28) (somewhere in the 70's or 80's PSIP)

PBS-WOSU (34) (somewhere in the 70's or 80's PSIP)

Sometime last year, Time Warner changed CBS, ABC, FOX and PBS back to their corresponding PSIP channel numbers (I guess they were forced to by the FCC), NBC still remains as 90.1 though

When Time Warner put those channels back with the improper channel numbers, I was able to receive them fine on the Olevia... that was until it was stolen, now replaced with a BrokSonic

·
Registered
2 Posts

My Olevia 32" stopped receiving NBC two days ago - We get our signal from the antenna.  I have an HD converter box as well (with signal splitter) It works just fine through the Olevia.  Something is up with the tuner.

Is this set dying?  Why would it drop one broadcast channel?  The other tuner works great and the are off the same antenna.

Help!

Should I just get a TV. ( not that here's anything worth watching on NBC - I could live without it.)

·
Registered
18,437 Posts
It could very well be the ATSC tuner in the Olevia. Especially if an external works as expected. It's not unusual for a tuner that is starting to go bad not be able to lock onto a specific channel. And some tuners are just better than others if there is a change in signal strength or what ever.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Thanks.  I now think it was a case of a bad signal (I hope) 

Not even an hour after I posted my comment, the channel came up as good as ever (after two days of nothing)

I had pressed reset, I unplugged waited and plugged back in, I ran channel scan - all to no avail. So - I think you are on to something about a temporary loss in signal strength.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts