AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sorry if this has been addressed before, but does anyone know how to adjust (lessen, eliminate) the overscan over the component input on the Olevia TVs? I talked to Syntax and they are unwilling to help me at all on this. When I watch a DVD movie on my TV, at least 10-20% is being chopped off. I really don't want to spend 400 dollars on an ISF-certified technician to come over and do something like that.

Is this done from the service menu (I have no idea how to use it or access it), or do I have to e-mail/call Syntax until their heads fall off so they send a technician over?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
respectful *bump*

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
desperate *bump*

Please someone...anyone?

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I'm not seeing this on my set, which I've had for about six months. But then, I'm not using the component inputs presently and when I was using them, I was connecting my Dish 6000 HDTV receiver to Component Input 1. I just don't remember overscan problems.

For watching DVDs, I'm using a Power Macintosh G5 connected via the DVI input at [email protected] For HDTV, I'm still using the Dish 6000 receiver, but now connected to the VGA input using 720p output from the receiver. I also use one of the SVHS inputs so I can do picture-in-picture of TV when using it as a computer monitor.

Also, the set does have some issues with the VGA input in that it attempts to detect the edges of the input when switching from DVI to VGA. That sometimes causes it to be off kilter, but the solution for me is to using the zoom feature of my Dish 6000 on a 720p channel and then it squares up.

Dennis

·
Registered
40 Posts
Somebody.. dear God, somebody must know how to access the Service Menu on these sets. Source and Ch+ only gives the firmware version. How do I get into it? C'mon.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'd like an answer for the opposite reason. When I go with the DVI input, There is underscan at the top and bottom for 4:3 material. This gives me an annoying thin line of snow at the top of most channels.

When I view the same channels through the Component input it is perfect. It seems slightly zoomed since the bars on the side are not as big as I'm used to, but I really don't mind this.

I can't beleive there isn't a way to adjust this.

Help?

Greg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.