AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I just got a great deal on a 37" Olevia LCD tv (LT37HVE) at radioshack today ($1588!). I love the TV, things look great and the price cannot be beat.

However, I would like some help setting up the video settings. I understand that there are certain programs/CDs like Avia that can help calibrate the color/saturation/etc but I would like to try adjusting them with help before I shell out more cash :)

The Olevia seems to have a distinct red bias, so right now I have the backlight set to low, the saturation at 40, the tint at 60, contrast at 64, brightness at 35 (is this too low?), red at 35, green at 50, blue at 55. What are some other people's settings for this tv? Or if you have other convenient suggestions for how to set up an LCD tv's color, please let me know! Thank you very much, first time posting!

Dave

·
Registered
36 Posts
You won't get accurate results unless you use a calibration tool. Using AVIA my setup is Brightness 48, Contrast 28, Backlight soft, color temp normal, Tint 51, Saturation 20 and Sharpness at zero. I saw no need to adjust any of the gain settings away from the default 50, they matched up well during the color decoder check. These settings work for me for most component SD and HD sources and DVI as well. So unless you get your hands on AVIA or DVE your flying blind, or color blind as the case may be.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.