AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought this Olevia LT37HVS at CompUSA. I am having some problems with the Sharpness (at least that is what I think). I also posted this in the LT37HVS thread. Here are the problems:

1. The Xbox 360 text on the Xbox Live and System Menus is overly bright. It is black with a bright white border/halo around it. I can adjust the sharpness to any value and this brightness goes away. The text is nice and crisp without any bright white halo. The display stays that way until I switch to another input source. When I switch back to the Xbox 360 menu, the overly bright text is there again. The sharpness setting does not change. When I go back to the Tv menu and adjust the sharpness to any value, the white halo goes away again. This does it whether the sharpness id set to 10 or 50. The white halo is there. Does anyone have any idea why this happens? It is really annoying.

2. A similar issue occurs with the PC display over HDMI. Once again, all of my text when I am in windows xp has this white halo around it. It makes the text unreadable. I cant adjust the sharpness in the menu when I am using the HDMI input. It is greyed out. I dont see the same effect using VGA but the colors are muted and the display overall doesnt seem as crisp as it does with HDMI. The text problem is really pronounced with the HDMI input. Btw, the computer is setup as a HTPC with a Windows XP Media Center Edition, a hauppauge tv tuner, and SageTV. Sage TV looks great but the text in windows xp is awful.

I did not have any of these problems with the 32 inch Olevia which I returned to get this model (the 332H had a defective audio port). I was really looking forward to 2 player gaming on the bigger screen of the 37 inch but right now I am wishing that I had stayed with the 332H. Any suggestions as to what to try or if any other info is needed, please let me know. I can even try to take pictures of the problem. tia.

· Registered
6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainfrog /forum/post/0

...The Xbox 360 text on the Xbox Live and System Menus is overly bright. It is black with a bright white border/halo around it. I can adjust the sharpness to any value and this brightness goes away. The text is nice and crisp without any bright white halo. The display stays that way until I switch to another input source. When I switch back to the Xbox 360 menu, the overly bright text is there again. The sharpness setting does not change. When I go back to the Tv menu and adjust the sharpness to any value, the white halo goes away again. This does it whether the sharpness id set to 10 or 50. The white halo is there. Does anyone have any idea why this happens? It is really annoying...

No idea why, but I have (had) the same issue. Supposedly there is a firmware upgrade available to remedy the problem - however when I recieved my firmware kit and tried to upgrade, the upgrade did more harm than good. Now the only inputs that work are AV and VGA.

Maybe you'll have more luck with the firmware upgrade than I did, but I suggest either just dealing with the sharpness issue or working very closely with Olevia to remedy the problem, because they WILL drop the ball.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.