AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
"The pair will reprise their characters from 2010's "Tron: Legacy" in the sequel, which is being directed by Joseph Kosinski.....The project is now looking to shoot this fall"

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/07/entertainment/tron-3-olivia-wilde-garrett-hedlund-feat/index.html

About time.
Prediction: Sam Flynn returns to Encom and fires Dillinger Jr. Before he leaves, Dillinger discovers the secrets of the Grid and steals the "disc" while Sam isn't looking. He then creates a new Grid in his own image and from this new Grid, a superior form of AI emerges into the real world. Dillinger Jr. builds a new company based on his discoveries, which he calls Skynet. Unfortunately, his creations become self aware and threaten to take over our world.

Sam and Quorra are the only ones who can stop this from happening. In order to do so, they must convince Dillinger Jr. to give them access to the new Grid. Once inside, they discover that the new Grid is far more dangerous than the old one. Luckily, they discover more beings like Quorra who join them, forming the Resistance.

Meanwhile, back in the real world, the machines have either killed or enslaved the entire human race, but for a handful. In a last ditch effort, the remaining free humans launch a nuclear assault on the machines before retreating deep underground. The machines survive the assault but, in order to survive the nuclear winter that follows, they must find a new source of energy.

By the end of the movie, it becomes clear that this is not a war that will be settled in a matter of days, weeks, months, or even a few years, but that it may take decades. But hope is rekindled. In this chaos, a miracle occurs. Sam and Quorra give birth to a child (part human, part digital being) and a prophesy is foretold that this child will bring freedom to both human kind and the digital world. His name...Neo.

·
Banned
34,841 Posts
I don't have high hopes for this one.
The sequel was a huge disappointment to me.

The only thing worth paying attention to was, of course, the gorgeous Ms. Wilde.

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
I for one liked Tron 2, and look forward to Tron 3.
Tron 2 had great visuals, both surround sound and LFE, decent storyline.

At lease for me, it has held up to repeated watchings on the bluray, heck at least 5-6-7 times, plus the network TV showings here and there.
I use the lightcycle scene as a demo clips for people visiting my HT.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I for one liked Tron 2, and look forward to Tron 3.
Tron 2 had great visuals, both surround sound and LFE, decent storyline.

At lease for me, it has held up to repeated watchings on the bluray, heck at least 5-6-7 times, plus the network TV showings here and there.
I use the lightcycle scene as a demo clips for people visiting my HT.
I never get tired of it! Though, I tend to keep it as a film like fine wine now so I can ohh and ahhh at those twinkly lights and inky blacks once in a blue moon.

Motion is truly stunning in this film. I still have a soft spot for the original Tron.

·
Registered
7,828 Posts
I never get tired of it! Though, I tend to keep it as a film like fine wine now so I can ohh and ahhh at those twinkly lights and inky blacks once in a blue moon.

Motion is truly stunning in this film.
...Not to mention Daft Punk's excellent music. Hopefully they'll be back for Tron 3 as well.

Reactions: Tack

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I never liked Daft Punk, but I bought the Tron 2 soundtrack cause it was great

·
Registered
425 Posts
I was initially pretty disappointed with Legacy, but I bought the BR at a second hand store and subsequent viewings have eased my intense dislike for it.

Visually (and aurally) it's a great shows off disc and I've kind of gotten over some the extremely silly stuff. Sometime when people who've never seen it come over I'll pop it in after a few drinks, turn out the lights, and turn up the volume. It makes the F8500 look amazing.

·
Registered
7,828 Posts
Visually (and aurally) it's a great shows off disc and I've kind of gotten over some the extremely silly stuff.
Silly stuff is a requirement when it comes to the Tron franchise... Watch the first one, it makes Legacy look like it's from Fellini. ;)

Having said that, they took away a lot of the original silliness in Legacy.

Reactions: Frank714

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
YES !!!! Wonderful news, many thanks for sharing it. :kiss:

Joe Kosinski stated some time ago that he wanted to make Tron 3 the Empire Strikes Back of the Tron franchise.

I wrote him that I had been under the impression that Tron: Legacy already was "The Empire Strikes Back" and got back a nice "Thank you very much" from Joe Kosinski.

After the disappointing Jupiter Ascending by the Wachowskis, Joseph Kosinski is my new big hope for the science fiction genre.

P.S. Anybody knows whether Kitsis and Horowitz will write the screenplay for Tron 3, too? (keeping fingers crossed to hear "yes")

Reactions: Morpheo

·
Registered
7,828 Posts
P.S. Anybody knows whether Kitsis and Horowitz will write the screenplay for Tron 3, too? (keeping fingers crossed to hear "yes")
According to imdb, it's David DiGilio and Jesse Wigutow.

Joe Kosinski stated some time ago that he wanted to make Tron 3 the Empire Strikes Back of the Tron franchise.

I wrote him that I had been under the impression that Tron: Legacy already was "The Empire Strikes Back" and got back a nice "Thank you very much" from Joe Kosinski.
Pretty cool! :)

Glad he's back for Tron 3 as well.

·
Registered
16,924 Posts
Tron Legacy is one of the best HT rides available IMO between the audio, video and soundtrack! Looking forward to taking part 3 for a ride as well! :cool: I also enjoyed the film.

·
Registered
7,828 Posts
Kosinski imo has all it takes to become a modern Ridley Scott. There. I said it. :)

Reactions: Frank714

·
Registered
425 Posts
Silly stuff is a requirement when it comes to the Tron franchise... Watch the first one, it makes Legacy look like it's from Fellini. ;)

Having said that, they took away a lot of the original silliness in Legacy.
Oh, I've seen the original quite a few times. Aside from the outlandish premise it plays the plot pretty straight. That film is from a much different era.

Legacy pours on the sauce without hesitation or remorse. Having enjoyed the original despite its flaws bits like the girls slinking out of the shadows to put the hero's armor on and the over-the-top bar scene were just too much for me at first viewing.

But I've come to accept it for what it is.

·
Banned
16,643 Posts
Prediction: Sam Flynn returns to Encom and fires Dillinger Jr. Before he leaves, Dillinger discovers the secrets of the Grid and steals the "disc" while Sam isn't looking. He then creates a new Grid in his own image and from this new Grid, a superior form of AI emerges into the real world. Dillinger Jr. builds a new company based on his discoveries, which he calls Skynet. Unfortunately, his creations become self aware and threaten to take over our world.

Sam and Quorra are the only ones who can stop this from happening. In order to do so, they must convince Dillinger Jr. to give them access to the new Grid. Once inside, they discover that the new Grid is far more dangerous than the old one. Luckily, they discover more beings like Quorra who join them, forming the Resistance.

Meanwhile, back in the real world, the machines have either killed or enslaved the entire human race, but for a handful. In a last ditch effort, the remaining free humans launch a nuclear assault on the machines before retreating deep underground. The machines survive the assault but, in order to survive the nuclear winter that follows, they must find a new source of energy.

By the end of the movie, it becomes clear that this is not a war that will be settled in a matter of days, weeks, months, or even a few years, but that it may take decades. But hope is rekindled. In this chaos, a miracle occurs. Sam and Quorra give birth to a child (part human, part digital being) and a prophesy is foretold that this child will bring freedom to both human kind and the digital world. His name...Neo.
I needed a good laugh. :grin:

·
Banned
34,841 Posts
Kosinski imo has all it takes to become a modern Ridley Scott. There. I said it. :)
Morpheo, we have been friends for a long time...but you're walking on ice now.:p

My problem with Legacy is I could not get past JB's sfx visual...it pulled me out of the film every time I seen it.

The first Tron referenced gaming as it was known THEN, not the current state of gaming.
From that perspective, I thought and still think, it was/is brilliant.
Of course, YMMV.;)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts