AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The beauty, choreography and music of the ice skating events are marred by the unnecessary comments of "experts" during the performance. I often want to shout at the TV "will you just shut up!?". The commentators can save their insights for the instant replay that always follows the performance. It seems as if the commentators are more interested in showing off their expertise than in helping us to enjoy the performance. The skaters have worked hard to deliver a performance that blends beautiful movements and music. They deserve an undistorted presentation to the audience.

If you agree, add you voice and perhaps the Olympics administrators will take notice.

· Registered
414 Posts
+1000.

I am greatly annoyed by the verbal diarrhea and exclamations of the commentators, in particular Hamilton.

Additionally, I wonder about such totally stupid observations as "she put her hand down" and on the next jump "she didn't put her hand down". This is TV you idiot. We can see.

Having the option for OTA CBC (Canadian) I greatly prefer and normally watch their figure skating. They are rabidly nationalistic with a slight anti-USA bias but are far more informative in their commentary and know how to shut their mouth for extended periods. Regrettably their coverage of Olympic post team- figure skating has either been sketchy or not included in the guide data.

OTA I do not get NBC daytime Olympics which has Lipinski (sp?) and Weir for commentators. I have heard them in previous events and they do a good job.

Once upon a time ABC did figure skating. While some of there commentators were lacking when they first started they were usually much better than NBC but then almost everyone I have ever heard is.

· Super Moderator
19,144 Posts
Please search for an existing thread before starting a new one. We already have an Olympic comments thread going. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.